Performs administrative duties to support HR actions using various computer systems. Acts as conduit for employment and employee transactions. Prepares, modifies and routes reports. Initiates and coordinates all activities related to bringing new employees into Georgetown University Hospital (GUH). Acts as receptionist and answers the primary HR phone line to answer employee and applicant questions, or route accordingly. Coordinates and attends job fairs and activities related to third-party applicant vendors. Updates and maintains inventory of job fair supplies and documents related to new hires and employees. Assists in projects and related administrative duties as assigned. Acts as liaison with GUH Arlington building administrator as needed. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- Associate's degree in a related field; Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- Three years of progressively responsible administrative experience, inclusive of one year of recruitment or new employee experience, preferably in a hospital or other healthcare setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication, customer service and conflict resolution skills.
- General knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures, and hospital operations.
- Must have advanced Microsoft Office skills and Internet skills and be comfortable in learning and using new technology and computer hardware.
- Organizational skills, ability to effectively prioritize workload, and ability to handle multiple deadlines and projects required.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Administrative Assistant, Admin Asst, Receptionist, Scheduler, Clerk, Clerical, Secretary, Secretarial, MS Office, Microsoft, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SHRM, Society for Human Resource Management, HR, Human Resources, Generalist, Benefits, Recruitment, Employee Relations, Payroll, Compensation
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest...