To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for disabled persons covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
Duties are numbered for convenience and do not indicate order in terms of importance, frequency that the duty is performed, or the amount of time spent on the duty.
1) First point of contact at the HR Service Desk; greets and routes faculty, staff and other visitors through assigned area, answers telephone, routes calls, takes messages, and provides general information. Copies records, reports and other documents.
2) Provides clerical and administrative support to staff, which may include processing new hire forms, I-9, typing, mailing correspondence and entering information into various databases/spreadsheets (i.e. excel), including Applicant Tracking System.
4) Completes and process forms, records and other documents in accordance with established procedures. Assist with the filing records, as needed.
5) Sorts, collates and binds copied material.
6) Maintains confidential or sensitive records and information.
7) Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance.
8) Performs other related duties as required.
!ATTENTION STUDENT APPLICANTS!
This position requires applicants to have Federal Work Study as part of their current Financial Aid package with Columbus State. You must also be enrolled in SIX or more credit hours. Visit www.cscc.edu/studentjobs for a full explanation of eligibility requirements or visit Nestor Hall 113 to request Federal Work Study if you were not awarded it already. Any applicants without Federal Work Study eligibility will not be considered for this position.
An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate required knowledge, skills and abilities. Minimum qualifications for this position are: High School Diploma or GED and at least 6 months customer service, time management, problem-solving, prioritization and organization skills.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Knowledge of: standard office procedures and practices; office administration; business English word usage, spelling, sentence structure, and punctuation; business letter formats.
Skilled in: typing [35-55 wpm]; verbal communication and articulating concepts; public speaking; maintaining good public relations and customer service; problem solving; application of job software programs; general typing; and operating general office equipment.
Ability to: present a professional appearance and positive image; speak effectively to individuals and to large groups; demonstrate enthusiasm and motivate others; exhibit a pleasant telephone manner; answer routine and complex inquiries in-person, by phone; communicate effectively with a wide-range of customers; including faculty, staff, students and equipment vendors. Maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff and others visitors; work independently demonstrating initiative and follow-through as well as demonstrating team work; demonstrate flexibility, dependability, and reliability; maintain confidential and sensitive information; and maintain accurate and complete work records.
Students who are majoring in either Business Management or Human Resources.
CSCC has been dedicated to meeting the educational needs of their community for 35 years. The College has grown from an initial enrollment...