Accountable for performing a wide range of Human Resources related administrative activities in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Responds to employee and manager's inquiries regarding a variety of HR related topics requiring knowledge of company policies and procedures.
Maintains employee records, both electronic and paper.
Maintains employee level data (personal, job, benefits, performance reviews, terminations, etc.), job postings and department table.
Notifies carriers of benefit enrollment changes and initiates COBRA process.
Processes termination related paperwork in compliance with state and federal labor and employment laws.
Assists Sr. HR personnel as directed.
Facilitates pre-employment candidate process; background checks, drug-screening, new hire packets and new hire notifications prior to employee start date. Notifies location representatives of any incidents/issues that may delay newly hired employees from starting as scheduled.
Conducts or assists with new employee orientation.
Maintains HRIS data integrity; data entry and maintenance.
Provides general HR administrative support such as: organizing and mailing holiday card, maintaining office supplies, distributing incoming mail, and primary liaison for Fed Ex packages and mailings.
Assist with projects such as system implementation/conversion, open enrollment and other employee events as needed.
Maintains employee related files as directed.
Other duties as assigned.
Summary of Experience and Education
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, or related field or combination of equivalent education and business experience required.
- A minimum of one (1) years HR Assistant or HR Clerk experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications
- Working knowledge of human resources practices and processes (benefits, compensation, employee relations, employment (including staffing and recruiting), training and administration).
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and related job specific software applications.
- Ability to work on multiple high priority tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and general business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees and vendors.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
Travel is not typically required in this position. Travel identified is approximately 100% within the domestic U.S., and approximately 0% international (outside the U.S.).
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Carriage Services, Incorporated - 13 months ago