Purpose of Position
Provide technical and administrative support for Human Resources department in a broad range of human resources functions. Provide customer service and confidential counseling for Bank employees for all benefit programs.
Major Accountabilities :
- Provides administrative support to the Human Resources Department. This includes preparing confidential material/reports for the Executive Committee and Board of Directors, creating monthly reports and various correspondence, assisting with the review and goal-setting processes, scheduling meetings and interviews, and distributing appropriate materials. May assist in the Bank’s recruiting process by conducting interviews.
- Processes benefits and employment related data in order to maintain accurate files and databases and/or produce timely and factual reports for business decisions. Initiate all benefits enrollments and process changes or terminations promptly.
- Provides internal clients with excellent customer service on benefits or other employment concerns. Researches and resolves problems in a timely, accurate and professional manner. This includes confidential benefits counseling, communication with Bank management and staff, and troubleshooting with insurance carriers, health plan providers, retirement plan administrators, and consultants.
- Assists with the employment process, including handling applicant inquiries and responses and scheduling interviews. Coordinates temporary employment for the Bank.
- Conducts orientation for new hires on benefits, Bank policies, and payroll procedures. Acts as primary contact person for new hires.
- Assists with benefits counseling and follow-up for terminating employees. Administers COBRA notification and compliance. Provides employment verification for former employees.
- Maintains HRIS by inputting data accurately and efficiently, distributing monthly reports, and implementing necessary system changes.
- Participates in Employee Relations issues when appropriate.
- Interfaces with Payroll to ensure accurate and timely issuance of paychecks. Interface with the Legal Department on pertinent legal issues.
- Manages the overall office functions for the Human Resources Department. Recommends streamlining or other improvements in office procedures so that the Department runs efficiently.
- Assists with department projects such as training programs, open enrollment, and “Today’s Special” presentations.
- Minimum one year of human resources experience with exposure to benefits administration and HRIS maintenance, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of human resources, payroll, and benefit plan policies, operations and terminology strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of various benefits and leaves related laws and regulations (e.g., FMLA, PDL, COBRA) strongly preferred.
- Excellent PC skills with Microsoft office products, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel. Ability to design spreadsheets and use graphics and organization chart software. Knowledge of Ceridian Human Resources Information System preferred.
- Ability to deal effectively with staff at all levels as well as outside vendors. Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal skills and detail orientation. Superior customer service skills. High level of diplomacy and ability to maintain confidentiality required.
- Requires knowledge ordinarily acquired from college level courses in business, human resources and information technology. Bachelors Degree with an emphasis in human resources management or business strongly preferred.
The Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. We value and actively seek to recruit, develop, and retain individuals with varied backgrounds and experiences reflecting the full diversity of the communities that we serve. It is the policy of the Bank to comply with all applicable laws concerning the employment of persons with disabilities.
FHLBank San Francisco - 17 months ago