DESCRIPTION OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: (DESCRIBE ALL JOB DUTIES)
Under general supervision the incumbent provides operational and administrative support to the human resources department such as employment, benefits and payroll; provides routine advice, assistance and follow-up to client departments, employees and/or members of the general public in the application of specified policies, procedures and documentation; coordinates resolution and/or referral of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries; develops, expedites and maintains files, records, and maintains a high level of confidentiality of information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Inputs personnel information and documents into HRIS system, maintains integrity of data on HRIS. Provides assistance and coordination in the development and maintenance of specialized human resources data bases, computer software systems and manual filing systems.
2. Reviews and verifies incoming and outgoing documentation for completeness, accuracy and compliance with established policies and procedures.
3. May act as Payroll Support: complies and prepares payroll data such as pension, insurance and other payroll deductions; coordinates payroll and deduction information to third party administrators; ensures all quarterly reports are filed with appropriate state and federal agencies in regards to payroll information, i.e. income taxes, etc.; reviews processes bi-weekly payroll for accuracy; distributes payroll checks to employees.
4. Fields human resources inquiries and issues regarding: benefits, policies/procedures, and HR forms. Acts as main contact regarding employee benefit questions, attempts to answer benefits questions, communicate with carrier and escalate benefit questions to Insurance broker when necessary.
5. May participate in special recruitment and outreach activities such as job fairs, employee orientations and benefit enrollments.
6. Organizes and facilitates meetings and special events; schedules and coordinates dates and times, venues, attendance, agendas and facilities; takes minutes and provides administrative support and follow up on matters arising from meetings.
7. Reads and routes incoming mail; locates and attaches appropriate file to correspondence to be answered by unit/or department manager; prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mails and faxes; makes copies of correspondence or other printed material.
8. Responsible for special projects assigned by HR Director: assist in planning quarterly meetings, coordinates annual Open-enrollment in conjunction with Insurance broker, and other assigned special projects.
9. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs.
10. Performs related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL CRITERIA:
Retain and comprehend information in order to: receive and follow instructions, read, interpret, compare and analyze data: research information in order to resolve problems; identify issues requiring further attention, corrections and/or make recommendations, then take preventive actions; process facts and apply judgments; communicate with others to provide or obtain information. Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities, deadlines, demands and assignments while maintaining cohesive and harmonious working relationships. Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with others related to learning, problem solving, backup support and fostering team support. Perform repetitive key strokes to compile and prepare documents, reports and correspondence.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
1. Three (3) years of related experience and/or training, including processing payroll for a large company; Associate degree or equivalent in a related field, desirable. Human Resources and Payroll certification desirable.
2. Technical skills; Knowledge of human resources processes, procedures and documentation; as applicable to the private sector.
3. Judgment skills: Ability to use independent judgment and interact with customers in performing routine human resources specialty activities such as applicant screening, creation of vacancy announcements and advertisements, processing personnel action notices and/or statistical research and analysis.
4. Communication skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business correspondence and professional journals. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
5. Mathematical skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimal; ability to calculate figures such as interest, proportions, and percentages.
6. Computer skills: Knowledge of various word processing, spreadsheet and e-mail software programs; familiarity with human resources information systems and UltiPro payroll system, desirable.
7. Documentation skills: Ability to set up records and maintain system; database management.
8. Work approaches: Routinely interacts with employees within own department and outside the department; routinely interacts with vendors, contractors and customers; ability to maintain high-level of confidentiality.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties at any time.