Location: District Office
Full-Time Position (1.0 FTE)
POSITION SUMMARY: The Human Resources Assistant provides clerical support for the Human Resources office with three primary functions: 1) Assisting with the implementation, training and maintenance of the online AESOP Automated Substitute Placement system, 2) Providing administrative support to the Human Resources department, and 3) Under direction from the Senior Human Resource Specialist, handles, audits, and archives confidential personnel records for the district. This position acts as the point of contact for applicants, substitutes, and visitors to the Human Resources Department. The incumbent must be extremely organized, show attention to detail, have the ability to maintain confidentiality, and work in a team environment under strict deadlines and procedures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
- Makes and takes phone calls
- Recruits substitutes
- Completes all applicant and new hire paperwork
- Maintains the HR filing system
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- PC computer experience using databases and web-based systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized
COMPENSATION: This is a full-time 12-month position working Monday through Friday. While school is in session, your workday will be 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday with a one-hour lunch. Hours when school is not in session are 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with a one-hour lunch. The starting salary is $20.59 per hour plus the District's excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), and paid sick and vacation days.
- Three to five years progressive clerical experience
- Filing, record keeping and report writing
- Knowledge of MS Office software
- Capable of working independently as well as in a team
Selected hire will be fingerprinted at applicant's expense and fingerprints forwarded to the Alaska State Troopers and the FBI for a records check.
Please visit our website at www.juneauschools.org/hr to complete an electronic application.
- 18 months ago - save job