Job Description |
Human Resources Assistant
Director of Human Resources
The Human Resources Assistant will provide clerical assistance for the department. This position is responsible for records management, performing data entry, tracking information, and providing support functions as needed for the operation of the department. This position will also assist the HR Recruiter, and serve as the position's back-up.
- Prepare and maintain personnel records.
- Retrieve information.
- Enter and maintain employee data in various Human Resource information systems.
- Complete employment verifications.
- Assist with employee appreciation activities and events.
- Assist the HR Recruiter, and serve as the position's back-up. Duties include job posting/advertising, job application processing, making job offers, conducting background checks, completing new hire orientations, entering new hire information in various Human Resources information systems, and creating ID badges.
- Schedule interviews and place calls to applicant references.
- Create or modify organizational charts and forms.
- Compile orientation and benefit packets.
- Provide clerical assistance to the Director and the department as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Light work Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg control requires exertion of forces greater than that of sedentary work and if the worker sits most of the time, the job is considered light work.
Stand or Sit (Stationary position)
Walk (Move, Traverse)
Use hands/fingers to handle or feel (Operate, Activate, Use, Prepare, Inspect, Place, Detect, Position)
Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl (Position self (to), Move)
Talk/hear (Communicate, Detect, Converse with, Discern, Convey, Express oneself, Exchange information)
See (Detect, Determine, Perceive, Identify, Recognize, Judge, Observe, Inspect, Estimate, Assess)
Pushing or Pulling
Category III Normal routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluid or tissue and as part of their employment, incumbents are not called upon to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid
Equipment and Tools
List Equipment used for job: Computer, scanner, fax, copier, ID maker, and other office equipment.
List Tools: N/A
Drives KIT or Personal Vehicle: Personal
Comments: Local travel between Tribal programs and occasional other travel for errands and training. Training outside the local area maybe offered but not required.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED),
- Associates Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Experience working in a human resources department preferred.
- Experience using human resources information and timekeeping systems preferred.
- Alaska Driver's license preferred.
- Must be orderly, adaptable, professional, courteous, motivated and work well on their own or as a member of a team.
- Ability to use general office equipment, to include, computer, fax, scanner and copier.
- Strong communication skills.
- Previous experience working with Alaska Native or American Indians preferred.
This Job Description reflects Kenaitze Indian Tribe's best effort to describe the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation. This is not intended to be a contract.
Kenaitze Indian Tribe - 5 months ago