Human Resources Assistant Position Description
Title: Human Resources Assistant Days Off: Saturday and Sunday
Department: Human Resources Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
The primary responsibility of the Human Resources Assistant is to provide support and assistance with the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources Department and to contribute to the accomplishment of Human Resource practices and objectives. This position works under moderate supervision and must work closely with the HR Director, HR staff, Corporate Staff, Store Management, and Team Members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides general administrative support such as preparing correspondence, forms and reports, arranging meetings, etc. Processes new hire and termination files. Performs personnel filing on a weekly basis. Distributes incoming mail and adds postage to outgoing mail. Make copies and send faxes as needed.
Data Input – Enters warnings, meal break waivers, completed training and performance appraisals and other employee information into HR databases.
Customer Service – Assists Team Members, as needed, answers questions and or/directs questions to correct person in Human Resources. Receives and appropriately directs visitors and incoming calls. Takes descriptive messages
Screens employment applications, arranges interviews, participates in the selection process and administers pre-employment tests as required.
Prepares written correspondence with the Executive Team and Store Management, conducts research, runs reports for, and prepares the Quarterly Team Member Newsletter.
Conducts research, gathers data, and participates in ongoing and special projects.
Interacts with and supplies information to Team Members, department leads, job applicants and to other outside contacts as necessary. Prepares Jury Duty Excusal request letters. Processes and distributes Super Effort Letters to Store Management and HR.
Safety – Maintains Safety Committee required documentation in accordance with Labor and Industries. Provides guidance and assistance to the Committees as needed.
Compliance – Ensures all locations have current legally required employment postings.
Responsible for 401-K filing and assisting with preparation for open enrollments.
Takes pictures, makes and sends nametags, and maintains electronic photograph database.
Responsible for ordering and tracking Manager apparel.
Maintains and updates SALES observation spreadsheet.
Puts postage on postal mail.
Performs other duties as needed.
Worker Qualifications :
The foregoing statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- AA Degree in Business Administration or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Human Resource Knowledge or Experience preferred.
- One (1) year Office or Clerical experience required.
- Customer Service experience is required.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Must be able to work as a team and/or independently.
- Must be able to be self-motivated, detail oriented, organized, and be able to multi-task efficiently.
- Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have excellent planning, prioritizing, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must have excellent computer knowledge. Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Must have the ability to read and write English and have expert math skills.
- Must be dependable. Due to the nature and responsibilities of this position, dependable regular attendance is required.
McLendon Hardware, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity organization, committed to building a diverse staff team equipped with the knowledge sets and skills needed to provide Legendary Customer Care to each of our customers.
McLendon Hardware - 10 months ago
McLendon Hardware is a regional, retail home improvement company in the greater Puget Sound area in Washington state.