This position is integral in the tempory employee hiring process and works closely with the Recruitment Coordinator and the third party vendor to secure qualified temp employees to meet the needs within DVR. Additionally, this position serves as back up for the front desk as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies:
Management Prefers: Previous experience in HR environment highly preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of HRIS systems to include the ability to understand/apply the relationship of data from one function to another
- Knowledge of HR processes and procedures
- Ability to conduct research, analyze data, and make logical, consistent decisions
- Ability to develop resolutions from identified problems, apply rules, processes and procedures to make necessary corrections
- Proven ability to plan work, define tasks to be performed in appropriate sequence, and meet identified outcomes and deadlines
- Set objectives and prioritize work; develop and use follow-up systems to desired outcomes and within specific time parameters
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel with the ability to create spreadsheets and perform data entry
- Strong organizational skills, attention to details and accuracy, ability to maintain confidentiality, and solid customer service skills are a must
- Must possess the ability to partner with co-workers and management
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated flexibility in working independently and as a team player
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from high school and demonstrated possession of knowledge, skills, and abilities gained through at least three years of office assistant/secretarial experience; or completion of a two-year secretarial science or business administration program with one year of responsible experience as described above; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Supplemental and Contact Information:
Application for Employment must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. Please follow instructions to apply online.
In order to receive credit for all of your work and education history, all information must be listed on the State of North Carolina application . Statements such as “see resume” will not be accepted and will be considered incomplete. Resumes and cover letters may be uploaded with your application, but any information listed on the resume and not included in the application will not be used for qualifying credit.
RIF candidates must attach their notification letter. Applicants seeking Veteran's Preference should submit a copy of Form DD-214. DHHS selects applicants based on job related knowledge, skills, & abilities without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, political affiliation or political influence. Drug testing is required for a direct care position. Background reviews are required for all positions. Degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Link On How To Create Your Application Before Applying For A Job
HELP DESK CONTACT:
If you need further assistance with completing your application on line please call the Office of State Human Resources at 877-204-4442 and a knowledgeable receptionist will direct you.
Contact Person: Mike Ellis
Contact Address: N.C. Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services, Haywood Building, 805 Ruggles Drive, Raleigh, NC 27699
Contact Phone: 919-855-3517
Contact Fax: 919-733-6863