Responsible for providing administrative support to the Human Resources Department for a variety of functions including payroll processing, reception, mail, department programs, reporting, recordkeeping and retention, government compliance and other projects as assigned by the HR Director. Provide proactive assistance to employees and business partners serve as a resource for information and problem resolution to promote employee satisfaction and company morale.
Administer and process payroll to ensure accurate and timely completion of hourly and salaried payroll and related activities in accordance with statutory requirements and company policy. Maintains complete and accurate data base and records. Provides guidance and required activity reports to management.
Provide reception and mail processing activities for the Company.
Administer department reporting activities to track department productivity, provide department statistical reports, compliance calendar, follow-up file and administer Company record retention program.
Provides administrative support for department programs such as attendance program, Workers Compensation, government reporting and compliance, communication, safety and other employee programs.
Other projects as assigned by the department manager
- Ability to learn payroll, word processing, spreadsheet, time and attendance software application. Analytical skills.
- Ability to learn switchboard console.
- Must maintain absolute confidentiality of all employee, payroll and benefit information.
- Initiative to proactively interact with employees to provide information and assistance that helps build internal customer service and morale.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be a resource to all employees. Positive demeanor to effectively interact with all levels in the organization and provide an excellent level of customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills within all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organization skills to manage several projects at different stages of completion.
- Ability to assess problems, circumstances and develop appropriate solution and action plan.
- Minimum of AAS Degree in Business or Accounting. B.S, Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of ADP or Paychex payroll software
- 3 years HR, payroll and benefits experience
- Excellent PC skills
CareerBuilder - 16 months ago