The Research Foundation For SUNY
Human Resources Assistant
Category: Human Resources
Locations: Albany, NY
Posted: Mar 12, '13
About The Research Foundation for SUNY:
Founded in 1951, the RF exists to serve SUNY and to capitalize on the scope, scale and diversity of SUNY as an engine of New York state’s innovation economy.
The RF supports nearly $1 billion in SUNY research activity annually, providing sponsored programs administration and commercialization support services to SUNY faculty performing research in life sciences and medicine; engineering and nanotechnology; physical sciences and energy; social sciences, and computer and information sciences.
The Research Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that promoting a diverse, inclusive working environment enhances productivity, creates personal and professional opportunities, unleashes each individual's full potential and fuels innovation.
The Research Foundation and its employees are committed to a culture of integrity and accountability, holding each other and the organization to the highest standards of ethical behavior.
Visit www.rfsuny.org and connect with the RF on Facebook. Learn about the Power of SUNY at www.suny.edu.
FUNCTION & SCOPE:
This position will provide confidential administrative support to the Central Office Human Resources department. Works independently under the general supervision of the Central Office HR Administrator. The incumbent is the “face of HR” and will provide excellent customer service to internal and external RF constituents.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate recruitment and selection process including but not limited to: establish recruitment files, post positions to Interview Exchange, forward ad to appropriate CO HR staff member, coordinate advertising, ensure all interviews and phone screens are scheduled accurately and timely, prepare appointment letters, process new hire paperwork, and close out recruitment files. Assist in new hire orientation.
• Ensure all candidates complete job applications and voluntary self ID forms prior to meeting with the hiring manager.
• Work with other RF operating locations to support shared recruitment as needed.
• Maintain I-9 forms and enter E Verify queries.
• Maintain accurate employees files (personnel files, benefit files, disability files, timesheet files), and archived terminated files.
• Maintain accurate and up to date employment and benefit related materials, as well as new employee orientation binders.
• Create/process payroll forms.
• Work with Payroll to document and calculate overtime for hourly and nonexempt employees.
• Accurately input accruals for any paid time off; ensure exception reports and time sheets are submitted on a timely basis.
• Maintain up to date org charts and work with department administrative staff to ensure accuracy.
• Complete and respond to verifications of employment in a timely manner; direct verification requests to appropriate location.
• Orders flowers/coordinate contributions for deaths and coordinate staff announcement.
• Processes CO HR related invoices.
• Coordinate the termination process, including but not limited to: processing forms and preparing termination paperwork for employees separating from the Research Foundation.
• Greet and meet all CO HR guests and direct to appropriate staff member.
• Screen all incoming CO HR telephone calls and respond to routine external and internal inquiries.
• Provide back-up support for other administrative staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills required. Candidate must be friendly and customer service oriented, as well as conscientious, detail oriented and pro active. Must be able to operate in a fast paced environment with a high degree of accuracy. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required. Must demonstrate the ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentially, with the ability to work on a team within a highly complex and confidential environment. Ability to manage multiple priorities is required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
A high school diploma with at least four years of administrative experience required, prior experience in Human Resources preferred. Associate’s degree preferred.
To apply, please visit: http://rfsuny.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp;jsessionid=C2CDA251728F8573F7B4ED5BF67AC796?JOBID=38223
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
The Research Foundation for the State University of New York is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation for the State University of New York are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. The Research Foundation for the State University of New York operates under a contract with The State University of New York and receives no directly appropriated state funding.
HispanicsInHigherEd.com - 16 months ago