The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for receptionist duties in the HR main office, including answering telephones and greeting visitors to the department. The HR Assistant also coordinates new hire processing, enters new applicant data into the HRIS, assists in office procedures, and provides administrative support to the HR Director and HR Manager as needed.
1. Greets visitors in the Human Resources Office.
2. Answers telephone calls and assists with general inquiries. Redirects calls to other HR staff for more specific information.
3. Provide clerical support by typing letters, memos, forms, spreadsheets, running reports, data entry, etc.
4. Responds to telephone and written employment inquiries.
5. Processes new employees according to processing schedule and guidelines.
6. Orders and maintains office supplies.
7. Sorts and distributes office mail.
8. Maintains employee personnel files.
10. Posts internal vacancies on a weekly basis.
11. Maintains job information hotline.
15. Prepares Identification badges for employees, interns, and volunteers.
18. Conducts new employee background checks.
Must have excellent communication skills, strong organizations skills, flexibility, and be able to multi-task.
Must have strong computer skills, including MS Office.
Must be customer focused and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED required.
College degree in related field preferred.
Previous experience in HR preferred.
Experience with document management and retention preferred.
Erickson Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender/ sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
History and Vision of The Company
Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, Erickson Living, a leading developer and manager of senior living...