Human Resources Business Partner - Corporate Division (Job Number: 011806) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Responsible for overseeing all human resources activities and initiatives associated with assigned Business Unit, acting as strategic partner with Business Unit’s Division executives and leadership team to provide comprehensive and integrated HR support.
- Guides assigned Business Unit Division leadership team on matters of organizational development and design, development and implementation of strategies for talent acquisition, employee development and training, performance management, employee communication and change management. Acts as a liaison with recruitment, compensation and benefits, employee services, learning services, systems training and consulting, talent management and employee relations to ensure that all human resources needs are communicated and managed to meet the needs of the business.
- Manages all human resources activities associated with workforce balancing, including but not limited to, skills assessments, employee selction and deselection, severance activities, and outplacement. Ensures the design and consistent application of tools to accomplish all activities related to workforce balancing, and that all activities are performed according to regulatory and Company guidelines.
- Develops and implements communication and change management strategies to assist both field and corporate employees in adapting to changes in the workplace that result from organizational and divisional changes
- Oversees and collaborates in proactive manpower planning activities associated with the rollout of complex Division initiatives. Oversees the development and consistent application of policies that support the growth of the division within fiscal requirements that provide a strong ROI.
- Designs, develops, and implements the human resources strategic plan through the understanding of the business unit’s Division business goals and objectives, operating environment, culture, opportunities and constraint
- Supports the business process by providing human resources expertise that enhances communication, and facilitates the design of strategies to attract, retain, and develop talent.
- Facilitates effective communication to provide cohesive and productive interactions with all departments of the Human Resources division
- Assesses effectiveness of the organizational structure including staffing levels and job responsibilities. Identifies shortcomings and recommends appropriate actions to address development needs for all levels within the business division
- Participates in Company-wide initiatives/projects acting as divisional HR representative to provide direction and information on user needs and best practices, identifying interdependencies which have a people impact, and influencing the decisions made.
- Manages the process to establish and implement human resources best practices.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of Human Resources experience
- Knowledge of HR strategies (for example: workforce planning and development, talent management and administrative functions
- Knowledge of federal, state and local labor and employment laws (for example: Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, ADA, FMLA, ADEA, FLSA and EEO regulations)
- Experience supporting nation-wide employee populations in an HR support role
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates
- Experience negotiating with internal and external stakeholders, resolving service issues and reconciling differences.
- Experience leading or supporting organization design and change management initiatives.
- Experience coaching /counseling management at the executive level
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state)
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Master’s Degree / MBA
- Certification as PHR or SPHR as granted by HRCI
Walgreens - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...