Human Resources Business Partner- Regional (Job Number: 011566) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
The Human Resources Business Partner serves as a strategic partner, aligned with heads of corporate business units, to provide comprehensive and integrated HR support to the assigned Employer Services Group Region, while working closely with the Regional Vice President. Through advanced knowledge of Human Resources best practices, act as lead point of direction for organizational development and design, development and implementation of strategies for talent acquisition, employee development and training, performance management, employee communication and change management. Direct resolution of complex employee relations issues including conflicts, management coaching and discipline. Develop and deliver management and employee training programs. Responsible for assistance with benefits and compensation questions, interpretation of employee policy and federal and state labor laws.
- Guides business leaders/managers through change management, communication strategies, people and performance management, staff development, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills. Facilitates resolution of divisional and interdepartmental issues.
- Provides guidance to regional leadership on organizational assessment, organizational design and development of organizational strategies including organizational development, staffing and workflow models, development of job descriptions and job analysis. Ensures activities are in line with divisional/regional business goals and objectives.
- Provides expertise in assessing and resolving complex employee relations issues. Develops resolution strategy. Facilitates the investigation and resolution of employee relations issues. Provides guidance to managers and employees on problem solving, dispute resolution, regulatory compliance and litigation avoidance. Facilitates communication among employees and management.
- Guides and directs the talent management process including talent acquisition, staff selection, promotion, performance management, talent development and retention of professional staff through employee selection analysis, management of performance evaluations, direction and delivery of trainings, exit interviews and data analysis. Makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for providing direction for compensation and benefit issues including salary offers, promotional, annual and merit increases. Directs resolution of related exceptional situations and issues.
- Translates business plans into specific HR requirements and projects.
- Provides a broad range of consultative services to all levels of employees regarding policies and procedures. Interprets and responds to non-routine questions/applications of policies.
- Scopes and challenges existing HR policies and practices with appropriate HR specialists and seeks to continuously improve the services provided to the business.
- Participates in Company-wide initiatives/projects acting as divisional HR representative to provide direction and information on user needs and best practices, identifying interdependencies which have a people impact, and influencing the decisions made.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of Human Resources experience in recruiting, employee relations, organizational development, and leadership coaching
- Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, performance management, and federal and state employment laws
- Knowledge of federal, state and local labor and employment laws (for example: Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, ADA, FMLA, ADEA, FLSA and EEO regulations)
- Experience coaching /counseling management at the executive level
- Experience leading or supporting organization design and change management initiatives
- Experience negotiating with internal and external stakeholders, resolving service issues and reconciling differences
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization
- Willing to travel up to 40% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state)
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Master’s Degree / MBA
- PHR or SPHR certification as granted by HRCI
Walgreens - 15 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...