The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed for this position and are not intended to be a complete list of associated duties and responsibilities.
At Support Solutions Headquarters, this role serves as a trusted advisor supporting functional leaders and their teams through understanding desired business outcomes required at a tactical and strategic level. The role also entails leading the design, development and execution of key strategic initiatives for the sector.
Responsibilities for this dynamic and multi-faceted role will include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides advice and support to leaders in the execution of HR programs such as talent management, performance management, functional resource reviews, annual salary planning, incentive compensation planning, etc.
- Works with functional leaders on reorganizations and other activities that optimize organizational effectiveness and business competitiveness.
- Facilitate new leader assimilations and proactive employee relations at the sector level in a manner that supports a culture of diversity, inclusivity and business growth.
- Proactively develop strong working relationships with the Support Solutions HR team and the HR Centers of Expertise to foster open two way communication on functional issues and initiatives.
- Collaborates with the HR Centers of Expertise and all elements of the HR delivery model to ensure the delivery of world class HR services and programs to address critical business needs. Utilizes HR metrics to monitor performance and identify actionable trends.
- Support HR operational processes (i.e. orientation) as needed.
- Lead, design and execute strategic sector-wide initiatives including those that improve business competitiveness by reducing cost.
- May be called upon to support critical projects or sensitive employee relations issues at the business area level.
Although not required, candidates who possess defense contracting experience, in addition to the minimum must have requirements, will be given highest priority. Requirements: Please be sure to address all stated requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that specifically include all requirements will be considered.
Must have the following education/skills/experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and at least six years HR related work experience; defense contracting experience a plus
- Strong knowledge and experience with employee relations, including human resources legal and regulatory issues
- Experience working with executive level leaders in the execution of human resources strategies and initiatives, including talent management, succession planning, recruitment, training and development, employee relations and performance management
- Demonstrated ability working with senior leaders to optimize organizational effectiveness to include reorganizations and reductions in force
- Ability to interact with senior and executive-level leaders; and to build strong relationships at all levels
- Strong consultative, presentation, analytical and business communication skills (oral and written)
- Possess the confidence and credibility required to coach and influence executive level leaders
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships and collaborate across organizational and geographical boundaries
- Ability to adapt to organizational change and act as a positive change agent within the organization
BAE Systems is a premier global defense, aerospace and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
- Master's degree or equivalent and at least four years of HR related work experience; defense contracting experience a plus
The Support Solutions (S2) sector provides a wide range of products and services, including engineering, systems integration, ship repair, and readiness & sustainment for military and commercial customers throughout the product life cycle, anywhere around the world. This sector is headquartered in Washington, D.C. Core capabilities include:
• Expertise as a leading provider of non-nuclear ship repair and overhaul services
• Sustainment services to extend the viability of existing land and maritime platforms at home and in theater, while modernizing to meet evolving threats
• Experienced partner providing seamless, onsite management of military and government customer operations
• High-volume producer of protective and load-carrying gear for military personnel
People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...