DCP Midstream, LLC, headquartered in Denver, Colorado, is a leader in the midstream segment of the energy industry as the No. 1 NGL producer, No. 2 natural gas gatherer and processor, and No. 3 NGL pipeline operator in the U.S., based on miles of pipeline operated. DCP Midstream is a 50-50 joint venture between Phillips 66 and Spectra Energy. DCP Midstream is the link in the energy chain ensuring society has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. As the largest producer of natural gas liquids in the U.S., DCP Midstream is proud of the role its 3,200 employees perform in gathering and processing natural gas in 18 states. DCP Midstream is the largest oil and gas company and the largest private company in Denver, and is the Top Company Winner for Energy/Natural Resources in Colorado as recognized by ColoradoBiz. For more information, visit the DCP Midstream website at www.dcpmidstream.com.
DCP Midstream, LLC is also the general partner and manages the operations of DCP Midstream Partners, LP, a midstream master limited partnership (MLP) which trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DPM). (www.dcppartners.com)
Reporting to the Area HR manager, this position partners with leaders at all levels of the organization to provide support and consultation in the key disciplines of Human Resources. This position supports West Texas and SE New Mexico. The incumbent must be focused on providing excellent internal customer service, driving organizational change, supporting initiatives and programs that will drive the strategic direction of the HR function, and being a strong advocate for employees.
1. Consults with and advises management team on organizational planning, salary administration, staffing needs, employee benefits, and employee development, and other human resources services.
2. Facilitates the Talent Management Process including workforce planning and strategic human capital planning, succession planning and developmental planning within client group. Driving leaders to focus on increasing top talent and differentiate development of employees.
3. Functions as an internal consultant to leaders in achieving business goals. Guiding management on organizational effectiveness, especially the alignment of processes, systems and people
4. Advises, counsels, and guides management and employees in the proper use and interpretation of human resources policies, plans, and programs.
5. Recommends, updates, maintains, communicates, and administers HR objectives, policies, plans, programs, and procedures.
6. Supports the implementation of and participates in leadership development programs.
7. Works with centralized HR Support Services team to ensure all employee transitions (new hires, personnel change requests, etc.) are managed effectively.
8. Participate and/or lead projects and special initiatives within and outside the HR function as assigned by the Area Human Resources Manager.
Scope of Responsibilities:
1. Researches, observes and participates in activities within assigned business units to gain and maintain understanding of the business and/or function and its needs, as well as to increase knowledge of Company strategy.
2. Uses relevant data to drive decision making.
3. Handles multiple tasks, switches priorities and focuses as needed; assigns priorities to multiple competing and important activities quickly and effectively and communicates them appropriately.
4. This position has no direct reports but may provide work direction to one or more employees.
5. Responsibilities extend throughout West Texas and SE New Mexico
6. This position provides assistance/services to all levels of employees within the division.
Incumbent will have a bachelor’s degree in industrial relations, business administration, human resources management or similar degree field.
Incumbent will have 5+ years related human resource experience in a professional capacity and the ability to travel up to 30%.
Basic knowledge of human resources systems and generally accepted practices, policies and procedures; as well as federal and state regulations such as Fair Labor Standards Act, Workers Adjustment Retraining Notification Act, Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Americans with Disabilities Act, Age Discrimination in Unemployment Act of 1967, Older Workers Benefit Protection Act, Equal Pay Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, etc.
Excellent customer service focus, including the ability to handle and manage competing priorities
Ability to quickly build strong working relationships with business partners
DCP Midstream - 30+ days ago
DCP Midstream Partners is the publicly traded entity of DCP Midstream LLC, one of the largest natural gas gatherers in North America and...