Fairchild Semiconductor in South Portland, Maine is seeking a highly competent and innovative HR Business Partner for our Human Resources Team.
Working within a manufacturing setting, the successful candidate will operate under the direction of the site HR Manager and represent the organizational unit on various subject matters. The candidate will recommend, interpret, and/or implement company and site policies and procedures. Operating as an HR Generalist, the candidate will participate in such areas as talent management, on-boarding, employment, employee relations, morale events, and handling pertinent department documentation.
South Portland, ME
As an HR Business Partner, you will have the opportunity to :
- Provide guidance and input on business unit organizational design changes, workforce planning, succession planning, and performance management with a staff of 300ee’s, in a diverse cultural environment, all in one location.
- Create and facilitate effective presentations to targeted audiences, in relation to HR topics.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with each manufacturing group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues.
- Maintain in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required.
- Support management and employees to model Fairchild’s Guiding Principles, foster professional relationships, build morale, increase productivity and maintain excellence in retention.
- Develop and maintain accurate organizational and employee records within a global HR information system.
To succeed in this position, you must demonstrate :
- Top-notch working knowledge of multiple human resource areas including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis and development, employee relations, cultural diversity, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws.
- Proven excellence in coaching, conflict management, and communication at all levels, using a positive, genuine approach.
- Desire to be in an Individual Contributor role, yet have ability to lead as an HR Professional.
- Assertiveness and self- confidence to share ideas and opinions from an objective viewpoint, with ability to accept constructive feedback.
- Strategic mindset with ability to see the big picture, yet able to breakdown the process for successful results.
- Analytical and presentation experience.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Effective level of business literacy about the business units' financial position, its mid-range plans, its culture and its competition.
- Minimum of 8 years working within Human Resources, preferably in a related industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, HR management, or related field required.
- HR Certification preferred.
Fairchild Semiconductor Incorporated - 22 months ago