To support Company strategic objectives by delivering conscientious quality service to all levels within the Organization, the Senior Human Resources Generalist is responsible for administration of employee benefits, and to continually invest in our most valuable assets, our employees, by educating to maximize contributions, enhance growth opportunities and seek new talent.
- Provide support for employee relations, employment, compliance, compensation and benefits.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management to insure adequate coverage of staffing needs; conducts interviews of exempt applicants; coordinates development of effective advertising program(s) as required; oversees development/maintenance of effective working relationships with remote sites and external agencies.
- Provide support for employee relations, employment, compliance, compensation and benefits
- Administer various employee benefit plans such as life, health, and disability insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave and leave of absences.
- Processes all enrollment, changes, etc. on Profit Sharing, Pension, 401(K) plans (paper and HRIS input).
- Enroll new employees in benefit plans and provides benefit orientation.
- Processes all status changes including terminations, open enrollments, and COBRA coordination on insured plans (paper and HRIS).
- Provide vendors appropriate documentation for life, pension, and disability benefit claims.
- Maintain vendor contact to investigate discrepancies and provide information in non-routine situations.
- Assists in preparing materials and in presenting benefit plan changes to employees
- Processes leave of absence approvals and rejections.
- Responsible for maintaining employee files including filing employee benefit information in employee file.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Must be a self-directed team player and have computer proficiency (i.e. Windows-based applications, MS Office, Internet, etc.)
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of State and Federal benefit laws and regulations
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills with ability to explain HR policies and procedures
- Ability to work independently and perform detailed work while exercising analytical, independent judgment and discretion
- Ability to achieve results under tight deadlines
- Must be able to support multiple sites effectively
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- BA/BS in business preferred
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience in HR preferred
Laird Technologies recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable them to successfully perform a job function. Should you require such an accommodation, please indicate the job function and suggested accommodation. Laird will attempt to make reasonable accommodation.
Laird Technologies, Inc. - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard