The purpose of this position is to provide HR direction to all MOM Brand employees/management at the Tremonton, UT and SLC DC sites. This includes recruiting/staffing, benefits, policy administration, training, etc. Support, implement, and maintain food safety and quality practices as required through SQF. Will be responsible for completing job duties in a manner that supports all plant safety, food safety, quality and environmental practices.
- Provide employee relations services to departments, teams, and individual employees. Challenges may include career counseling, personal problems, team conflicts, performance management, policy/procedure interpretation, organizational needs.
- Demonstrate integrity and uphold company values and behaviors. Model the highest degree of integrity and discretion and require the same of coworkers.
- Provide input to programs that engage employees in continuous improvement and cost reduction projects.
- Facilitate communication between management and employees and across departments.
- Provide coaching and consultation to plant management in all areas of HR.
- Provide general information to employees in regard to benefits, compensation, training and other specialty areas within HR.
- Assist with leave management responsibilities including FMLA, STD, LTD, RTW, transitional duties, and reasonable accommodations. Initial point of contact for all questions related to LOA
- Review, implement, and communicate policies/procedures/work rules. Assist managers in enforcement as needed.
- Provide support with incident investigations in a timely and thorough manner. Ensure fair and consistent administration of disciplinary action.
- Communicate and facilitate completion of required training.
- Ensure accurate and timely management of employee records, including wages, benefits, training, job assignments, personal information, etc.
- Understand the local market for wages and benefits. In coordination with corp. comp dept and local management team assist with annual pay design.
- Provide hourly and salaried staffing support: posting positions, screening, sourcing, planning, applicant review, interviewing (including panel coord.), process background checks and reference checking. Administer DAT and any other pre-employment testing and work screens.
- Present job offers to qualified candidates and ensure entire onboard process is complete.
- Coordinate and facilitate the new employee orientation and operator certification Programs.
- Manage the input and output of data using the HRIS.
- Coordination with corp. HR on employee handbook, policies and job description review/update process.
- Act as a liaison to the Company’s legal counsel as needed.
- Process verification of employment and unemployment insurance claims – via Work Number process.
- Assign lockers to new employees and track term employee/vacant lockers.
- Create new employee files and key new hire info into Lawson HRIS.
- Administer the tuition reimbursements for employees in coordination with corp OD Dept.
- Schedule and attend career fairs/education presentations, as needed.
- Filing and some clerical duties, as needed.
- Assist in HR record audits on occasion.
- Maintain current employee lists and share updates with management.
- Coordinate with Payroll on document processing (PCN’s, garnishments, other employee forms)
- Public relations and special projects (events, United Way, MOM Cares, cereal sale, golf tournament, etc.)
- All other duties as assigned.
Education : 4 year college degree in HR, industrial relations, business, or related field. General knowledge of human resources functions: staffing, training, compensation/benefits, safety, and employee relations. Advanced degree or demonstrated efforts in continuing education beneficial. PHR or SPHR certification preferred. Manufacturing experience strongly preferred.
Experience : Minimum 5 years experience within a human resources department.
Skills : Analyze systems, identify problems and develop potential solutions, provide feedback, communicate with all departments, counsel employees, interview. Experience with Lotus Notes, Taleo, Lawson HRIS a plus as well as other HCM programs.
Management Skills : Manage assigned projects, provide assistance/advice to managers, conflict resolution, work on cross-functional teams, ability to build strong relationships with operating managers and employees, plan events and programs.
Internal - Provide HR services to all employees within the Tremonton facility. Works with these customers to identify needs and priorities.
External - Professional contacts (HR associations, schools, manufacturers,) equipment vendors, training facilities, and company attorney.
Problem Solving :
1. Must analyze organizational issues; provide consultative input, provide possible solutions and implement as necessary.
2. Must provide continuous improvement in the HR area to create the most user-friendly process.
Work Structure : Works under the supervision of the Manager - Human Resources. Project priorities determined by organizational strategy and annual HR plan. Develops annual personal plan and organizes own work to accomplish objectives.
Responsibilities : Responsible for the development and implementation of policies, programs, and procedures to meet company needs Add value to the organization through effective delivery of HR activities.
Provides assistance and information regarding all HR functions. Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of information.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
MOM Brands (formerly Malt-O-Meal Company), a privately held and family owned company, is the third largest cereal company in the United...