We are currently seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to join the team as a member of our growing Human Resources division.
McKinstry's success isn't a matter of fate or luck. It's the natural consequence of our commitment to innovation...how we support our employees...the unique truly integrated way we deliver...the long-term relationships we forge with our clients...and our unwavering commitment to creating buildings that are good to their owners, occupants, and the environment. Innovation runs on ideas, which can come from anywhere. Projects at McKinstry are not owned by individuals or departments, but by all of us, which is why it's common to see new employees from one discipline collaborating with 30-year veterans from another.
Established in 1960, McKinstry is a full-service design, build, operate and maintain (DBOM) firm with over 1,600 employees. McKinstry"s professional staff and trades people deliver consulting, construction, energy, and facility services. As an early adopter of the DBOM process, the company advocates collaborative and sustainable solutions that are designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and ultimately optimize client profitability for the life of their building. While we are well known for our expertise in design build delivery, our full service offerings of mechanical, electrical, data and plumbing have been the hallmark of our success.
This person will be responsible for:
- Strategic and tactical workforce planning
- Employee Relations
- Risk Management to support McKinstry"s Preferred Place to Work initiative, while mitigating circumstances that could adversely affect corporate business objectives.
- Performance management
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Strategic and tactical planning
- Process design and improvement
- Merger and acquisition support
- Support other subsets of the department in the completion of their business goals.
- Act as liaison to corporate and regional offices
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with HRIS.
- Working knowledge of Federal , state and local Employment Law
- BA in Business or equivalent, or 6 years experience in the Human Resources required.
- PHR/SPHR or equivalent experience required.
- 5 + years of experience in the Human Resources field with Management experience required.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
- Travel to remote office locations 2-4 times a year is required.
- Flexibility in working hours may be required based on business needs.
- Normal office conditions
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.