Req ID: 1561
HR Business Partner
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) is a key member of the Redbox human resources team providing support for a wide variety of activities across multiple business units including Redbox Field Operations (US & Canada) and corporate based functions. This position will have a dual reporting relationship supporting two Human Resources Directors in many facets of HR including but not limited to organizational change, employee relations, performance management, strengthening communications between the leadership and HRBP team, and improved tracking of HR metrics to support business decisions. The HRBP must be effective at formulating strong partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP serves as a consultant to management on Human Resource related issues. Successful HRBP will act as employee champion and change agent. HRBP assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively within our HR department and business management, the HRBP develops and implements integrated solutions. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial position, its mid-range plans, its culture and its competition.
Summary of Key Responsibilities :
- Act as key contact for employees and managers in assigned client groups (across multiple business units) regarding current and anticipated organizational needs, general HR questions, performance management, employee relations issues, and management coaching.
- Manage routine to complex employee relations situations across both exempt and non-exempt, geographically dispersed work groups. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations and partners with HRBP leadership to recommend appropriate action to resolve the issues.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees including standard employment and immigration law, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance; partner with legal department as needed/required.
- Collaborate with other HR Centers of Excellence (COEs) on the implementation and rollout of plans, programs and policies.
- Effective review of various HR metrics (i.e. turnover, engagement) with strong ability to analyze and problem solve with management.
- Respond and/or redirect employee/manager questions and/or issues regarding HR policies and processes to a centralized HR Service Center and partner on issues that require escalation.
- Partner with HRBP leadership on departmental restructures, workforce planning, succession planning.
- Partner with HR COEs to deliver integrated, customized business solutions (i.e. compensation, talent development, recruiting).
- Complete other projects as assigned by the HRBP leadership, or as needs are recognized.
- Extensive experience in leadership coaching, employee relations, performance management, and federal and state employment laws
- Demonstrated competence in human resource disciplines with including compensation, change management, talent management, organizational diagnosis and planning, and diversity
- Strong business acumen including but not limited to analytical and strategic thinking/decision making
- Excellent consulting skills with strong interviewing/fact finding & decision making skills
- Excellent client management and business literacy skills
- Strong conflict management/resolution skills
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven success at developing strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results
- Strong project management skills with ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and manage diverse priorities across multiple locations
- Be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels
- Be self-directed and motivated with a track record of taking initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation
- Preferred experience with data review, interpretation and analysis using Excel for the purpose of developing/maintaining dashboards and/or other display methods to convey data to business clients in ways that communicate data succinctly and inspire action
- Relevant industry experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Less than 25% travel expected
Education and Experience:
Redbox®, Coinstar® and ecoATM™ are always on the lookout for innovative thinkers. As part of Outerwall’s growing portfolio of products and services, they’re redefining retail—making everyday life a little simpler and better. If you like solving problems in new ways, if you’re passionate about ideas that become businesses and you want to be part of a team that values you for everything you are, check us out. You’ll find a diverse, dynamic and welcoming work environment full of exciting challenges and endless opportunity.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferably in HR or Business or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years as an HR Business Partner in dynamic, fast-paced organizations
- Experience working in a matrix environment and supporting a geographically dispersed workgroup preferred
- International HR experience a plus
- PHR/SPHR certification a plus
Grow your career at Outerwall with an exciting brand like Coinstar, Redbox or ecoATM. At Outerwall, we believe that diversity and inclusion create organizational strength. If you need an accommodation to complete our application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . EEO/AA M/F/D/V
Posting Notes: || United States || Illinois || Oakbrook Terrace || || None
Renting more than 3 billion discs to date, Redbox is America's destination for movies and video games. With 35,900 locations nationwide,...