The primary purpose of this position is to act as the primary Human Resources business partner to assigned stores and districts, by facilitating and supporting associate advocacy, culture, and talent management in the stores and field organization. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
1. Manage relevant and defined associate issue processes, investigations, and related matters, including the resolution of reported associate complaints and labor union grievances to uphold standards of associate advocacy.
2. Complete human resources investigations and union grievances as needed, including conducting interviews, gathering relevant information, analyzing data and interacting with union representatives to uphold standards of associate advocacy.
3. Recruit future talent sources for essential Front End positions and essential non-Pharmacist pharmacy positions to facilitate and manage ongoing building of talent and bench strength for assigned districts.
4. Lead talent management initiatives in assigned districts including internal and external talent assessment, selection, on boarding, development, retention and succession planning to support ongoing development of talent and bench strength.
5. Interact with Store associates through store visits, independently and in partnership with field leaders, to ensure the appropriate training, supervisor support, and mentoring occurs in their current position and positions into which they are promoted.
6. Review the disciplinary process and terminations of store associates with regional management and corporate Associate Advocacy management. Ensuring decisions are consistent with Company policy to limit potential liability and enhance processes.
7. Lead corporate initiatives focused on the associate experience (i.e.: Associate Engagement Survey action planning) to support, communicate, and encourage the company culture throughout the stores.
8. Coordinate training and development agendas for assigned districts, including the Management Development Program for Store Managers and Assistant Store Managers, to implement and communicate the development path for our associates and improved job proficiency.
9. Maintain complete and accurate Talent Management records for Store Manager and Pharmacy Manager positions with the support of a Human Resources Clerk to maintain a systematic approach to the development of our associates.
10. Conduct harassment avoidance and other management-related training for regional and store management teams to uphold the standards of associate advocacy.
11. Review salary and payroll matters and advise field management teams of key issues and trends to ensure the proper adherence to policies and procedures.
This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities; however, this position provides indirect supervision by providing training, mentoring, and direction to Field and Store Management team.
Experience / Requirements:
The following qualities are required:
-Minimum age of 18 years old to travel for business.
-Ability to pass drug test.
-Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
-Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
-Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
-Ability to work weekends on an occasional basis.
-Ability to work extended days on an occasional basis.
-Ability to work day or evening hours.
-Accuracy and attention to detail.
-Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
-Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
-Ability to travel on a regular basis to store locations.
-Ability and commitment to develop and mentor Rite Aid associates.
-Knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Human Resources or Business Administration, plus two (2) to five (5) years' of Human Resources, Labor Relations, Store Operations, Recruiting or Business Management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. In addition, knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and state and federal employment law is required.
Rite Aid - 21 months ago
Rite Aid Corporation is also proud to be one of the nation's leading drugstore chains. With approximately 4,600 stores in 31 states and the...