Southwestern Energy Company is a growing independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas and crude oil exploration, development and production within North America. Our primary business is the exploration for and production of natural gas within North America. We are also actively engaged in exploration and production activities in Oklahoma, Texas, Pennsylvania, and New Brunswick, Canada. Please visit our website to learn about SWN
WORKING AT SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY
When you become part of the Southwestern Energy Company team, you will engage your career with hands-on experiences in challenging exploration and development projects. As a new employee, you are given the opportunity to contribute from day one by working side-by-side with experienced employees to cultivate innovative strategies and solutions. We are at the forefront of several significant projects, most importantly the Fayetteville Shale play in Arkansas. In fact, Southwestern Energy was the first to discover the economic viability of the Fayetteville Shale and successfully produce its gas. We are currently the largest producer in the Fayetteville Shale. In a few short years, we have surpassed 2 Bcfd and have invested more than $6 billion in this expanding operation in Arkansas. Our work is also well known in the Arkoma Basin in Western Arkansas, East Texas, and we have recently begun exploratory efforts in Pennsylvania’s exciting new Marcellus Shale and in New Brunswick, Canada.
This is a highly visible position that will provide critical, highly confidential and professional HR generalist and recruiting support for the SWN employees located in Pennsylvania. The Human Resources Business Partner is expected to be aware of business activities and events as they relate to the Human Resource function, as well as major events and activities occurring throughout the corporation. The HRBP will act as a stand alone HR resource in the PA offices and must work well with limited supervision.
Major Duties / Responsibilities
- Consults with management to provide HR guidance on people related matters.
- Analyzes trends, diagnoses issues and evaluates metrics to anticipate and identify employee related needs.
- Manages and resolves employee relations issues by employing effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Provides coaching to managers and employees on issues such as effective communication, interpersonal effectiveness, giving and receiving feedback, performance and talent management.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of HR best practices, HR benchmarks and trends, regulatory and legal requirements related to HR matters.
- Communicates, educates and implements HR policies, practices and programs.
- Identifies training needs for business unit(s) and individual coaching needs.
- Facilitate on-boarding, employee training, open enrollment, etc. as necessary.
- Conduct full-cycle recruiting for field and technical professional positions.
- Partner with hiring managers to develop and execute recruitment strategies.
- Identify and manage PAs recruiting vendors.
- Proactively recruit candidates to fill critical vacancies
- Assists in a variety HR projects and initiatives as needed.
SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)
- 3 Years of HR generalist experience
- Knowledge of major HR functions and employment law
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Knowledge of Oracle strongly preferred
- Knowledge of benefits processing / billing preferred
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Critical thinking ability required to resolve problems and manager day-to-day responsibilities
- Ability to multi-task and be detail-oriented
- Ability to take initiative and work with limited supervision
- ATS (Applicant Tracking System) Experience a plus
- Passive candidate sourcing experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Prior recruiting experience a plus
SouthWestern Energy Company - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard