Why work with us . . .
Employees & Citizens cite The Office of the Governor as a great place to work!
Our Value Proposition is: To enable the effective, efficient and elegant delivery of government services through trusted partnerships and technology. OIT is committed to a set of core priorities that are a part of our corporate DNA and drive how we approach our work each and every day:
- Customer Success – with a passion for excellence!
- People – reach for the next level to become a high performing organization (HPO)
- Innovation - innovation is fun, exciting, and a part of our culture
- Service Excellence – total commitment to our customers, organization, and community
- Trusted Partnerships – integrity and collaboration are the keys to success
- Information Security – ensuring the security, integrity, privacy and availability of information and systems
The Human Resources Concierge embodies elite customer service practices while contributing to the development of various processes within OIT, such as; new employee on-boarding, recruiting, retention, employee activities including event planning, Human Resources project management, and much more. To be successful as the HR Concierge you must think innovatively at all times while multitasking, and working respectfully among OIT executive leaders.
Description of Job:
What we expect of the Human Resources Concierge…
Relationship and Goal Management
- Create systems to measure success and opportunities for improvement as an ongoing barometer to inform the HR Scorecard is empowered with "carte blanche" to escalate their ability to deliver exceptional service (based on the Ritz Carlton model).
- Build relationships with prospective candidates and members of OIT's workforce leading towards becoming their trusted advisor.
- Share ownership for the OIT HR Business Plan and has a direct line of sight to how their contributions add value while leading our Concierge level experience.
Recruitment and Innovation
- Develop and recruit for the Statewide Internship Program – typically 20+ positions to fill at all times
- Post vacancies / opportunities and all associated processes related to, in support of and through innovation, diversity and cross-functional synergy a balanced approach to Selection.
- Develop, implement and execute systems, process, policies and templates to support the talent management cycle (including pre-offer, post offer, hire, post hire, background investigation, etc., just to name a few) schedule interviews/examinations/practices/documentation reviews/travel/directions/conference rooms/interview panels/off-site job fairs/university relations recruiting, etc.
- Develop checklists and employs them to support the "ease" of transition for processes related to on-boarding/retention/talent targeting/acquisition provides a fully dedicated "face and voice" of OIT HR to all candidates, members of the OIT Workforce and our partners.
Rewards, Recognition, and Retention
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions and Conditions of Employment:
- In concert with leadership, create a consistent dynamic plan to help establish connections between the high performers/high potentials and OIT.
- Through a concierge style approach, consistently maximize every team member's level of Engagement Support the employee engagement survey and follow-up action plans
- Analyze trends, understand our retirement eligible population and make inroads to their continued loyalty to OIT
- Proactively develop a reciprocal approach to retain top talent across OIT. Work in partnership with leadership and DPA to broaden our effectiveness and campaign reach.
- Program/project support and development for Welcome to OIT! Seminar, Agency Unification Project, and Employee Recognition Program
- Develop a retention proposal and plan for OIT's workforce, inclusive of both classified and non-classified employees
- Advocate for new policies, procedures, benefits, etc. to result in an increase of retention
- Work with hiring managers and leaders to increase awareness and effectiveness of retention. Budget any necessary training for HM's and leaders.
To do this job well you must have…
- Bachelor's Degree and 3+ Full-time years of desirable experience (as listed above) or 5+ years Full-Time Luxury Concierge level experience demonstrating the ability to multi-task and delivery exceptional customer service.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Recruiting experience – preferably 6+ months
- The ability to present and deliver information in a group setting. This role may require evening/weekend work periods as dictated by business needs (such as career fairs/university relations/candidate testing).
- Demonstrated employee relations/relationship building experience
- Demonstrated change management experience
- Learning and development training experience
Some details to be aware of…
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted as part of the selection process as this position is deemed security-sensitive. Felony convictions or convictions of crimes of moral turpitude or convictions of misdemeanors related to job duties may disqualify you from being considered for this position. Should your background check reveal any charges or convictions, it is your responsibility to provide OIT Office of Human Resources with an official disposition of any charges.