We have an immediate opening for a 30 - 32 hours/week, benefit-eligible Human Resources Coordinator position to provide Generalist support to the organization. The ideal candidate will possess excellent customer service skills/orientation to support the needs of our internal clients.
- Support recruiting efforts by preparing and posting job advertisements, screening resumes, scheduling interviews, processing background checks, “no thank you” letters, etc.
- Coordinate new hire process, including conducting New Hire Orientations, preparing new hire packets, coordinating with internal resources (IT, Quality, Facilities) for access and required; and communicating new hires to staff via email.
- Collect all new hire paperwork and enters into ADP WorkForce Now in a timely and accurate manner; follow-up on missing paperwork as necessary.
- Prepare benefits packets and conduct benefits orientation; assist with annual benefit Open Enrollment process, including coordinating materials and meetings.
- Assist with benefits problem resolution, including COBRA; review and reconcile all benefits vendor invoices on a monthly basis.
- Serve as resource for employees on company policies, programs, procedures and benefits.
- Act as the primary point-of-contact for all general HR System (HRIS, Performance Management, Learning Management) questions and password
issues; ensure that information maintained in the Systems for employee use/reference is current, accurate and relevant.
- Facilitate employee training as needed.
- Manage/track Leaves of Absence, including preparation of disability/leave paperwork and educating/assisting employees, and Worker's Compensation program.
- Assist with the web-based annual Performance Evaluation process.
- Track HR metrics (monthly census/headcount, turnover, cost-to-fill, time-to-hire, exit interview data, etc.).
- Oversee creation and distribution of quarterly Company newsletter.
- Maintain and update Company-wide Organizational chart and Manager phone directories on a monthly basis; update Employee Language Fluency list on a quarterly basis.
- Assist with updating and cataloging job descriptions.
- Coordinate LA employee events and assist with Branch events as needed.
- Administer Hepatitis B vaccination program.
- Maintain personnel and HR vendor files and employee electronic records in HR Systems (HRIS, Performance Management, Learning Management); prepare reports as needed; troubleshoot System issues and contact appropriate vendor as needed to resolve.
- Coordinate Exit Interview process and paperwork.
- Assist Accounting with questions regarding payroll processing.
- Complete all employment verification requests.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Perform other clerical tasks, such as photocopying and filing.
- Other duties and projects as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience and/or training, including high-volume full-cycle recruiting, benefits, training and working knowledge of employment laws
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint as well as ADP Workforce Now (or HRB) and web-based HR Systems (e.g., performance management, learning management)
- Exceptional attention to detail, follow-through, and interpersonal skills
- Very strong customer service orientation
- Proactive nature; proven ability/willingness to take initiative
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability manage multiple projects with varying priorities simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Professional demeanor with ability to work with confidential, sensitive information, materials and issues with the highest level of integrity and confidentiality
California Cryobank - 10 months ago