The Human Resources Coordinator assists in creating and sustaining a positive and engaging work environment for our internal guests. The main function of this position is to provide administrative support for the Human Resources Department, including maintaining employee files, computer input, new hire on-boarding, recruitment and development, the administration and maintenance of all Employee Benefit Plans and Employee Relations functions.
Maintain all logs (new hire, termination, transfers, department meetings, turnover reports) daily by period and prepare reports in a timely and accurate manner.
Answer incoming calls and distribute within the Human Resources Office
Meet and greet team members and visitors to the Human Resources Office.
Coordinate drug test, criminal background check and references for all potential new hires.
Prepare correspondence and memos as needed.
Assist with all benefit administration including group health insurance, vacation, sick, leave of absence, jury duty pay, 401K.
Complete appropriate paperwork for new hires, terms, payroll action forms and changes daily in order to keep payroll files in proper order.
Assist in the production of the training and training perperation
Maintain associate files and ensure that filing is done at the end of each week.
Assist with the Associate Awards & Recognition Programs and with Associate Employee Relation Events.
Keep communication boards current to include notices of events, pictures from employee events, etc.
Assist in the preparation of time badges, name tags, etc.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Human Resources Management or related filed or equivalent education. Experience preferred.
- Minimum 6 months hotel or human resources related work experience.
- Training Background or skill set preferred
- Must be hospitality oriented, and possess the ability to work under pressure. Should possess the ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office systems
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work hours as designed (flexibility a must including weekends)
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and work with sensitive data information.
- Ability to work in a fast paced office environment.
- Able to resolve conflicts with supervisors and employees
- Sitting for extended period of time
- No heavy lifting expected, exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally may be required
- Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group - 8 months ago