The HR Coordinator provides comprehensive Human Resources support for CLA. Specifically, this includes utilizing a project management skill set to provide administrative on-boarding of new employees, ensuring all new hire documentation is completed, accurate and updated, that new employees are set up with systems access, answers employee inquiries, assists with recruiting, maintains and upkeeps employee files and records, provides HR administrative support and supports HR projects and initiatives.
New Hire Support: (up to 80% of job)
o Responsible for employee on-boarding, new hire paperwork, entering data into HRIS, and creation of system accounts.
o Conducts required background checks and other required verifications.
o Assists with recruiting by accessing HRIS database for candidates.
o Conducts initial screening interviews as needed.
o Assists with scheduling interviews.
o Answers employee and supervisor questions related to HR and on-boarding.
o Maintains regular reporting (new hire, turnover, etc)
Administration: (approx. 10% of job)
o Provides primary phone coverage and e-mail point of contact for HR Department (HR In-Box). Forwards to appropriate individual.
o Maintains solid understanding of CLA policies and answers questions related to policies.
o Seeks out ways to improve process and programs. Assists in group projects as needed.
o Participates and supports groups to improve processes, systems and culture.
o Protects confidential information.
o Embraces accountability for actions.
o Supports and participates in assigned HR projects and initiatives / performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
o Maintains unemployment responses in a timely manner.
o Adminsters our recognition programs.
o Provides department back-up as needed.
Employee File Management: ( approx. 10% of job)
o Maintains quality employee files, ensuring that employee files are complete, organized and legally compliant.
o Assumes primary role in ensuring final filing of paperwork is completed in a timely manner.
- 1 - 2 years of relevant HR experience.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills – must be able to juggle multiple priorities seamlessly and manage heavy workloads at times due to recruiting cycles.
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-focused environment.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to perform repetitive administrative tasks while maintaining positive outlook.
- Ability to manage a high volume of documentation and data accurately.
- Professional demeanor, solid phone skills and ability to write effective and accurate business letters / e-mails.
- Must have basic knowledge of applicable state/federal employment laws pertaining to employment.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team-centric environment and produce results. while facilitating a seamless communication environment throughout the company.
- Solid computer skills including MS Office. (Intermediate or higher in Excel).
- Ability to work additional hours as required by workload.
- BA/BS, in a related field preferred.
- Previous HR experience
- HRIS experience preferred.
- Interest in a specialty area of HR such as recruiting, training or general HR.
Chuck Latham Associates, Inc. - 20 months ago
Chuck Latham Associates (CLA) is the premier Sales & Marketing agency in the Pet category – growing brands and businesses by...