Under senior management supervision, and in accordance with established policies and procedures, direct and plan the administration of the Human Resources Department. Ensure that the duties and responsibilities assigned the department are carried out in an effective, systematic, and cost-effective manner in order to achieve success. Ensure compliance with all federal and state laws, federal regulations, and Credit Union policies and procedures related to employment law, administration, and management.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Plan and direct staff recruitment, including developing sources of qualified applicants, conducting screening interviews, administering tests, checking references and background, evaluating applicant qualifications, and arranging for initial orientation, onboarding, and training of newly hired staff members. Ensure that all employment activities comply with legislative regulations and credit union policies. Track applicants through the recruiting and hiring process.
2. Administer the Credit Union's compensation and salary administration program. Analyze wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation strategy and policy to ensure the recruitment, development, and retention of Credit Union staff members. Administer merit increase plan, assist in preparation of annual budget and development of merit increase plan.
3. Create and review job descriptions and evaluate jobs using established evaluation system.
4. Administers the performance planning and review program.
5. Administers the Credit Union's benefit programs such as medical coverage, dental insurance, group life insurance, LTD, 401(k) plan, and all other benefits. Consult with and advise staff members on their eligibility for these and other related benefits. Supervises the maintenance of benefits records and documents necessary for implementing benefit coverage. Maintain and distribute plan documents and staff communications relating to benefits. Recommend changes or additions to the program to reflect staff and Credit Union's needs. Assure compliance with all legal requirements of various staff benefit programs and prepares and files required legal reports. Maintain enrollment, termination, and beneficiary records for all benefit plans.
6. As directed by management, analyze training needs, develop and administer training plans and procedures, prepare training materials, and conduct or supervise special courses to ensure appropriate levels of training for personnel in operational, supervisory, and management roles.
7. Maintain oversight over time and attendance records for accurate and timely payroll input. Process payroll and review output for accuracy, ensure that pay checks/vouchers are timely distributed to staff.
8. Coordinate employee events and activities to enhance morale and camaraderie. Monitor significant staff member events and send cards, flowers, and memorials, as appropriate. Recommend programs and activities to strengthen morale and provide recognition and rewards to staff.
9. When approved by senior management, consult legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law and to obtain advice and guidance on employment issues.
10. Maintain up-to-date HR policy manual.
11. Maintains all personnel documentation and oversees the maintenance of compensation records and files. Maintains accurate payroll and staff leave records.
12. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned and assist others to complete tasks and work assignments.
1. Meet or exceed objectives of the Human Resources Department.
2. Improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of staff through training and development programs.
3. Administer time, attendance, and HR database records.
4. Ensure that staff payroll is performed accurately and timely.
5. Provide informed, professional and accurate service and support to all members and staff.
6. Maintain strict confidentiality with Credit Union information.
7. Maintain a professional work environment and professional appearance and represent Texell with a professional image.
8. Comply with all Credit Union corporate expectations such as, but not limited to: maintain member confidentiality, adhere to Attendance and Punctuality Policy, adhere to Credit Union security policies, attend required meetings, training sessions and participate in assigned committees as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A degree in Human Resources Management and two to five years of similar or related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in the human resources field including expertise in compensation, benefits, administration, and compliance. Prefer human resource and training experience in a financial institution. Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Microsoft PowerPoint, and similar software applications. Must be able to learn and use the Credit Union's core data processing system for input/output transactions.
Must be able to perform under stress when confronted with unusual situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job. Must display good time management and organizational skills. Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be able to work a flexible schedule to correspond with variable workload.
2. REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to effectively analyze and make decisions. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in or from standardized situations. Ability to interpret specific policies, laws, and theories and make operational decisions.
3. MATHEMATICAL ABILITY:
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as addition, subtractions, multiplication and division and fundamentals of financial management. Ability to compute ratios, rates and percentages.
4. LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Ability to deliver, understand and apply the English language to problem solving situations. Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely, to present ideas, facts and technical information. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general technical procedures. Ability to write and respond to instructions and routine correspondence. Skilled in preparing and maintaining records.
5. INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities becomes necessary.
Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of all job duties listed in the Job Descriptions in compliance with all Credit Union policies and procedures. The staff member is expected to follow instructions; receive guidance and supervision; follow work rules, safety practices, work procedures; meet deadlines; observe punctuality and attendance standards, present a professional appearance, cooperative attitude, and pleasant demeanor.
7. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Ability to use full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Regularly required to use the hands to finger, handle, or feel/discern objects, tools, or controls, such as, but not limited to: personal computer, typewriter and 10-key calculator. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The position requires hearing to normal range. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Some travel may be required.
8. MENTAL DEMANDS:
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is continuously required to be alert, remember a significant amount of details, concentrate, exercise judgment, read, write, reason, and take initiative to start and complete tasks, and exercise patience. Problems encountered require analytical interpretation, evaluation and/or constructive thinking. Problems require analysis of a wide variety of data; weighing the desirability and/or probability of possible outcomes in relationship to each other. Problems involve thinking out several steps into the future. Decisions are frequently made without previous precedent to draw upon. There is significant discretion available in the job requiring interpretation of specific policies, laws, and theories. Makes operational decisions but requires concurrence on budget and policy issues.
9. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Normal office environment where there is little physical discomfort due to temperature, noise and dust. A staff member may be involved in a potentially hazardous situation (i.e., robbery). Detailed instructions and procedures are provided to minimize the robbery risk. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by staff members within this classification. Only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded.
Requirements, skills and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the position. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Supervisors as deemed appropriate may assign additional functions and requirements. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of staff members assigned to this job. Nothing in this description should be considered as a contract or promise, expressed or implied, to staff members that perform any or all the duties described above. The Credit Union maintains its status as an at-will employer. Staff members can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
We are committed to providing you with competitive products and services to meet your financial needs, which necessitates that we share...