Ensure personnel files are in compliance for audits and follow up with managers or employees as needed
- Assist with the integration of technology into HR processes.
- Track performance reviews and probationary periods and notify managers of upcoming dates
- Administer State Clearance, fingerprinting and other criminal background check processes, and maintain records per agency or program requirements
- Prepare monthly request for payments of department invoices
- Complete and file compliance reports with city, state and federal government (Supply and Service, EEO-1, etc.)
- Address unemployment, workers compensation and disability claims
- Prepare FMLA and other time off notifications, track time off dates and verify certification
- Complete employment verification via phone, form or letter and complete income eligibility forms, as requested
- Enter employee data into HRIS and maintain updated employee files as needed
- Maintain office supplies inventory and complete orders as necessary
- Assists employees with any benefit claim issues or concerns.
- Prepare and send out internal communication to employees
- Conduct exit interviews and compile responses for analysis by senior management.
- Coordinate and process employer-sponsored work visas and permanent residence applications with assistance of company's immigration attorneys. Track foreign nationals' expiring visas and provide guidance as needed.
- Maintain city, state and federal employment law posters and other required documents.
- Respond to unemployment claims and wage garnishment requests as needed.
- Complete other tasks and other special projects as assigned by Director of Human Resources.
- Minimum of four years' related Human Resources experience
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must be professional and personable yet have the ability to exercise sound judgment when dealing with sensitive and confidential matters
- Experience with ADP software strongly preferred
Hours: 35 hours per week
- Familiarity with MS Office programs, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word
Salary: Low - Mid 40s, plus generous benefits package