The Human Resources Director acts as a strategic partner with the leadership team to ensure all organizational benefits, compensation and HRIS programs align with Erlanger Health Systems' mission and vision. The role directs the planning, design, implementation, maintenance, and administration of all Benefits, Compensation, and HRIS programs in order to maintain the organizations objectives and competitive position in the marketplace. The HR Director ensures that all programs adhere to current government reporting and state/Federal regulations. The HR Director ensures the organizational programs and the HR departments operate fiscally responsible as well as supports the organization's strategic goals.
* Promotes a high performance culture; fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment
* Work closely with the Chief Administrative Officer on the planning and development of the HR strategic plan and objectives in support of the overall organizational goals. Serve as the subject matter expert in the areas of Benefits, Compensation and HRIS.
* Oversees and directs the administration and operational elements of the company benefit and compensation plans. Develop specifications for new plans and modify existing plans to maintain company's competitive position in the market.
* Manage the design and delivery of compensation elements such as performance management, market pricing, salary structures, job descriptions/analysis, salary surveys, compensation administration policy and process, incentive and merit budgets/plans.
* Evaluates and compares company's existing benefits with those of other employers and trends in the market by analyzing other plans, surveys and additional sources of information. Works closely with brokers to assess all benefit programs and market offerings/trends, develop or modify plans making recommendations to the Chief Administrative Officer for review and consideration.
* Ensure compliance with all required government reporting, regulation changes, and benefit documentation
* Assess HRIS to determine enhancements required to system or introduction of new modules to support increased automation of HR processes including self service.
* Promote proactive approaches using the HRIS to solve business needs and improve process efficiency for internal customers
* Supervise staff providing counsel and guidance on their day to day operational activities. Evaluate staff performance and establish associated career development plans
* Provides recommendations in the development and/or revision of the hospital policies and procedures pertinent to the Human Resources (Benefits, Compensation and HRIS).
* . Bachelor's degree in business, human resources or related field is required.
* Masters degree strongly preferred
* Additional studies and/or formal training relevant to business and health care administration preferred
Position Requirement(s): License/Certification/Registration
* PHR, SPHR, CCP or CEBS certification desirable.
* Ten (10) years experience progressive Benefits/Compensation/HRIS experience with extensive knowledge of legislation impacting compensation as well as benefits design, with advanced level knowledge and expertise in current benefit laws and regulation. Developing and managing an organization's Human Resources' Benefits, Compensation and information systems programs.
* A minimum of five (5) years in a management role.
* Enterprise HR system (Oracle, PeopleSoft strongly preferred.etc) experience strongly preferred.
* Knowledgeable of changes in current regulations and legislation that impact company benefits and compensation programs.
* Ability to manage change effectively
* Ability to communicate the goals and objectives to inspire employees to achieve those goals
* Ability to develop and implement business plans.
Mission: To improve the health of people we touch
Vision: To be recognized locally, regionally and nationally as a premier health system
R.E.S.P.E.C.T.: We will fulfill the mission and vision by adhering to the Standards of R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
Erlanger Health System - 8 months ago