Imerys, North America Filtration Minerals, is the world leader in diatomite and perlite products. We mine, research and deliver innovative mineral solutions for some of the largest companies in the world. Our products have many applications in everyday life, including beverage filtration, paint, plastics, construction, pharmaceutical and personal care. We operate 12 production facilities in the US and Mexico which service our customers all over the world. We are hiring a Human Resources Director for our San Jose, CA, office.
This individual will develop, lead and direct the human resource strategy that is closely aligned with the overall business strategy. Focus particularly on talent and skills development, employee retention and mid and long term succession planning. Maintain productive relationships between the business and its labor unions and employees. Ensures that the company maintains compliance with all local, state and federal regulatory standards relating to the employment relationship and labor relations.
A. NAFM Division metrics:
a. Revenue $250M
b. Headcount 550
c. 15 Locations within US & Mexico (including San Jose Office & Mexico City Office)
B. Budget Responsibility $2M (including HR Cost Center, Labor Cost Center + Employee Mobility Cost Center) (direct/primary)
C. Direct Reports: 1 HR Manager, Lompoc; 1 HR Generalist, Lompoc; 1 HR Manager, San Jose
D. Indirect Reports: 1 HR Manager, Mexico; 1 HR/Payroll Coordinator, Lompoc
E. Liaison with Shared Services functions in Roswell, GA: Compensation & Benefits Team
F. Functional reporting to HR Director, Performance & Filtration Minerals (PFM) Business Group
Specify percentage of domestic travel required. – 10%
Specify percentage of international travel required. Little to none
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serves as Business Partner to the Division leadership, making recommendations on all aspects of the business that touch human resources.
• Develops and implements organizational development concepts to align the Division structure with the business strategy.
• Oversees internal talent assessment, career development and succession planning processes and performance management systems in order to maximize employee contribution and commitment.
• Directs the development, implementation and maintenance of a fully integrated human resources and labor relations strategy for the Division.
• Acts as counsel to group executive management regarding all human resources and labor relations issues.
• Partners with other company managers to ensure business decisions are consistent with the Company’s corporate culture, values and philosophies.
• Directs all activities, end-to-end, of the human resources and labor relations function within NAFM.
• Ensure consistent and accurate application of HR tools, policies & databases, to include: ADP HR & Payroll system, Kronos timekeeping system, Management Database (MDB), headcount reporting tool (Enablon).
• Directs recruiting processes to ensure optimal success rates in hiring and integrating new employees into the Company.
• Develops, maintains and proactively implements effective employee relations and counseling strategies.
• Work closely with NA compensation team to ensure alignment in the compensation system to ensure competitive wages for attracting and retaining top talent, also directing the annual salary planning process.
• Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal regulations, including state-specific wage and hour requirements, affirmative action obligations, and regular auditing activities.
Champion Sustainable Development and Community Relations activities within the Division.
Education and Experience requirements:
BS in HR Management, Industrial Relations or other related discipline.
MBA or MS preferred
10+ years experience in both non-union and union manufacturing environments
Experience in complex and dynamic, fast-paced work environment
Knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics:
Ability to manage complex multi-disciplinary efforts
Strong Communication Skills (verbal and written)
Strong Facilitation Skills
Ability to Build and Maintain Positive Relationships Internally & Externally
Extensive Knowledge of the principles and practices of Human Resource Management
Extensive knowledge of applicable state and federal employment laws
Extensive knowledge of government regulations as they apply to labor relations
Physical/Environmental Aspects – US ONLY
List specific physical demands and activities of the position with a description of the activity including the frequency and duration required. Also note the work environment.
The majority of time is spent in an environmentally controlled office building with some travel to manufacturing environments. Very little time is spent outside of the office environment, aside from occasional travel for training, or other related functions. Sitting frequently up to 70% of work time. Standing and walking up to 30% of work time.
IMERYS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Imerys - 21 months ago
Imerys knows the ins and outs of mining rare resources. The company extracts and processes minerals into various industrial materials used...