The Human Resources Assistant assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. The HR assistant carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: departmental development, employee relations, organization development, and Facilities Coordination. This position also includes supervising and coordinating activities and workers engaged in maintaining and repairing physical structures of buildings and grounds. File correspondence, cards, invoices, receipts, and other records in alphabetical or numerical order or according to the filing system used. Locate and remove material from file when requested.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Find and retrieve information from files in response to requests from authorized users.
- Scan or read incoming materials to determine how and where they should be classified or filed.
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions.
- Schedule or conduct new employee orientations.
- Perform general office duties such as typing, operating office machines, and sorting mail.
- Directs workers engaged in the general cleaning and up keep of buildings, including dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and washing windows.
- Directs workers assisting other departments as requested, including moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to specifications, and standards.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Prepare meeting rooms for company functions. This includes setting up and taking down of furniture as needed, assisting with the ordering and distributing of company lunches as well as clean-up of the meeting room at the conclusion of the meeting.
- Maintain supply room and work supply window during scheduled hours. This includes assisting employees with supplies as needed as well as determining what supplies are needed and submitting list to Human Resources Manager for approval to order.
- Maintains lunchroom and coffee bar supplies. This includes stocking supplies daily and determining what supplies are needed and submitting list to Human Resources Manager for approval to order.
- Maintains first aid supplies. This includes stocking supplies periodically and determining what supplies are needed and submitting list to Human Resources Manager for approval to order.
- Contacts vendors for service as needed.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
Education and/or Experience:
Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills : Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills : Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability : Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands : The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Monster - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -