Deffenbaugh Industries is currently seeking an experienced Human Resources Generalist to team with the Human Resources Department in administering employee and labor relations programs, and payroll and benefits related functions for the enterprise. This person will ensure that Deffenbaugh is compliant to all OFCCP regulations.
- Administer human resources policies and procedures that cover two or more functional areas
- Interpret personnel policy intent and/or acceptable management practices and ensure fair and consistent application
- Assist Payroll with weekly data entry and payroll requirements
- Assist in the implementation of companywide benefits programs
- Collects and analyzes HR data, and then makes recommendations to management
- Processes paperwork for functional area according to established procedures
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate personnel records
- Assist with the training of all Managers/Supervisors and staff members in understanding and complying with all Human Resources policies, legal requirements and matters
- May prepare internal employee communications regarding compensation, benefits, or company policies
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Advise and assist management in the handling of employee relations issues, complaints and determination of appropriate disciplinary actions, terminations, promotions etc.
- Represent management at unemployment hearings
- Assist the HR Director in ensuring compliance with federal, state and local laws and makes recommendations for change as necessary. Coordinates and manages compliance reporting responsibilities for the organization (AAPs, OFCCP Audits etc.)
- Coordinating and providing metrics for activities associated with the Employee Relations and Labor Relations functions
- Take a leadership role in fostering a positive employee relations environment.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein or as requested by management
- Works under immediate supervision of the HR Director
- Extremely advanced knowledge of OFCCP regulations and Human Resource law
- Proven experience handling a large workforce of industrial and non-industrial roles
- Strong employee complaint resolution skills
- This position requires strong computer, communication and organization skills
- Experience handling a fast paced, ever changing, environment with 1000 plus employees is key to this position
- Must have the ability to handle tough situations with ease and authority
- Experience working with ADP payroll products
- Experience working with the administration of company benefit plans
- Some regional travel required
3 -5 years Human Resources Management experience
Bachelor’s Degree in an HR related field or equivalent years (6 to 8) HR experience required.
The work environment is an office setting; phones ringing, people meeting, all in a cubicle area.
The physical demands are the ability to lift 20 lbs for filing, sitting for long periods of time, speaking on the phone, using fingers for writing and typing.
Deffenbaugh Industries, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug/alcohol free work environment