The Human Resources Generalist uses professional concepts in accordance with company objectives to solve problems in creative and effective ways. They will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of policies and programs covering several or all of the following Human Resources functions: recruiting, employee relations, compensation, and training. The Human Resources Generalist will assist in guiding management in personnel policy and program matters, and makes or recommends appropriate decisions. This person will function as a hands-on Human Resources Generalist .
Critical to your success in this role will be your ability to provide guidance and direction to managers and employees on Human Resource issues at multi-unit locations domestically. You will build rapport with our staff by positioning yourself as a subject matter expert in the areas of HR practices that improve productivity.
- Recruiting and Partnering with Retail Leadership for management positions in the field
- Prepares and maintains employee handbook
- Employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting
- Performance management and improvement systems
- Employee relations including but not limited to investigations, coaching/advising management teams
- Unemployment compensation claims management
- Provides guidance to employees on Human Resources matters
- Other related duties as required and assigned.
- Excellent Written, oral and presentation skills
- Highly developed organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, communicate with all levels of management and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinking, influencing and negotiating skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint; HRIS systems experience is a plus
- Ability to travel domestically up to 10% - 15%
- Bachelor’s Degree; PHR/SPHR a plus
- 3 – 5 years of generalist experience; preferred multi-state/multi-unit location experience; CA experience preferred
Golfsmith International Inc. - 2 years ago