Primary responsibility of the Human Resources Generalist includes coordinating the employee benefits program to include research, control, and communications. The HR Generalist is responsible for maintaining records, preparing reports, and communicating with employees. Provides input into the benefit program. Administers leave policies such as FMLA, PTO, Military Leave, STD, LTD, and the workers compensation program. The HR Generalist oversees the recognition program.
Minimum qualifications required for the Human Resources Generalist:
- BS/BA in Human Resources, business or related field and at least three (3) years Generalist experience is required. Healthcare experience preferred. Solid knowledge of employment law, policies and practices as well as benefits, leave of absences, compensation principles and recruiting practices.
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet
- Ability to analyze various types of employment data with the ability to effectively resolve problems and issues
- Ability to use independent judgment that is consisted with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations or governmental law
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with employees, public and governmental agencies
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other staff
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
Director of Human Resources
Granville Health System - 17 months ago