Job Title Human Resources Generalist
New York - NY
No. of Openings
Full-Time or Part-Time
Relocation Assistance Offered?
We will consider candidates willing to:
Work at Position Location specified above only
Salary Commensurate with Experience
What is ING?
ING Investment Management (ING IM) is a leading U.S.-based active asset management firm. ING IM manages approximately $162 billion for both institutions and individual investors. ING IM has the experience and resources to invest responsibly across asset classes, geographies and investment styles. Through our global asset management network, we provide clients with access to domestic, regional and global investment solutions.
What are the job responsibilities?
The Human Resources Generalist partners with the Senior HR Generalist and the Human Resources Coordinator in managing relationships with the following investment teams; US Equities, Asset Allocation, Senior Bank Loans, Structured Assets, and Alternatives. Partners with employees and managers to communicate, implement and interpret HR and business policies and procedures. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, employee relations, recruiting, performance management, compensation administration, and training & development.
Provides employee relations support to employees and managers by providing effective conflict resolution advice and counseling; monitors progress to ensure consistent application of corrective action programs and initiatives. Offers employee relations advice and counsel with a focus on mitigating legal risk and in compliance with appropriate federal and state employment law. Escalates issues as appropriate to Senior HR Generalist and/or internal employment counsel to ensure best practice resolution.
Who is our ideal candidate?
- Responsible for the day-to-day coordination of all HR policies and programs such as leaves of absence, payroll issues, employee inquiries, etc. Works closely with HR Coordinator and HR Service Center to ensure timely troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Leads recruitment efforts and recruiting coordination for the investment clients. Partners with hiring manager and any external search partners, ensuring that the organization is recruiting top talent. Handles staffing coordination requirements (job postings, screening resumes, interview scheduling, applicant tracking, approval process, etc.). Works with Senior HR Generalist to develop competitive compensation packages for candidates. Coordinates and monitors employee progress through employment process, working closely with the HR Coordinator.
- Leads coordination and implementation of all domestic relocation and visa administration matters, working with employees, managers, internal mobility team, and immigration counsel.
- Ensures working knowledge of the organization’s compensation and incentive plans and benefit plans. Participates in the administration of the compensation and job matching process.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and enhancement of performance management programs and maintains consistent job title and job descriptions for employees.
- Handles coordination of temporary/contractor hiring, working with managers, HR Coordinator and Finance.
- Manages the summer interns for the investment clients including recruiting and hiring.
- Partners with Senior HR Generalist to assist in establishing training and development programs and other HR initiatives for the client groups and HR Team.
- Leads and/or participates in HR team or business initiatives and special projects as appropriate.
Bachelor’s degree with 7-10 years of HR-related work experience with at least 4 years as a Generalist with an emphasis on recruiting.
What else can we tell you?
- Experience working in the financial services industry is required. Asset management experience is preferred.
- Excellent client service focus with strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills in order to effectively and professionally correspond, both verbally and in writing, with employees, managers and colleagues.
- Strong capability in creative problem solving and effective issue resolution.
- Good knowledge of standard employment practices and procedures. Proven professional administrative capability, including management reporting and analytical skills.
- Ability to work on assignments & initiatives independently while using good judgment in deciding when to take action or when to ask for direction.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential and highly sensitive information.
- Excellent organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to work on multiple priorities concurrently.
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to partner effectively in a team.
- Working knowledge of BrassRing and PeopleSoft is preferred.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Moderate travel (5%) required.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
ING is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. In addition, ING's diversity accolades include the 2008 Catalyst Award, Best Places to work for LGBT Equality since 2006, and 2006 Hispanic Magazine's "Hispanic Corporate 100: One hundred companies providing the most opportunities for Hispanics." Job sites have been another target for scammers. You should know:
- Medical and dental coverage for employees, their spouses, children and domestic partners.
- 401K Savings Plan with a dollar for dollar match for the first 6% of eligible pay, multiple investment options, and immediate eligibility and vesting after 4 years.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for any reason; 20 days in first full year of employment, 23 days beginning in the fifth year of employment.
- Health and dependent care spending accounts available. Company provided life insurance for employees; may purchase additional for self, spouses and children.
- Company holidays based on the NYSE calendar, jury duty, military leave, bereavement and community service time.
- Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
- ING will never ask you to pay a fee to become employed. We also provide all equipment to perform your job.
- ING employees are then provided a password-protected site to provide personal information after they begin employment.
- All of our jobs can be viewed at our career web site at http://www.ing-usa.com/us/aboutING/careers/index.htm . If you feel that you’ve been a victim of fraud, contact:
- Your local law enforcement officials.
- The Federal Trade Commission. ( http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm ).
- The web site with the job posting in question.
ING Financial Services - 2 years ago
ING U.S. is the American arm of Dutch financial services firm ING Groep. It offers retirement, investment, and insurance (mostly life)...