Location: Lake Forest, CA
Professional Community Management of CA, Inc. (PCM) is seeking a Full Time Human Resource Generalist to join our growing team. Assist Human Resources by supporting the daily operations and initiatives of the Human Resources Department while under minimum supervision. Directly reports to the Human Resources Manager with significant contact with Executive Staff, On-site General Managers, Supervisors, and employees. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: · Back up to Human Resources Manager as a resource to employees and managers on employee relation’s issues (as assigned by supervisors) and partners with managers to implement solutions.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind the work of different assignment positions. NON-ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist with other jobs and other duties as necessary. QUALIFICATIONS: Requires a minimum of 5-7 years of directly related HR experience as a HR Generalist or related position. BA/BS in Human Resources, Human Resources Certificate or education in Business or related field is preferred. Knowledge of or exposure to Federal and California employment laws such as ADA, FMLA and California Leave laws and benefits, with the demonstrated ability to understand and apply such legal requirements, and interpret and apply complex policies. Knowledge of laws governing Workers Compensation and Leave of Absence. Strong interpersonal, organizational, and critical thinking skills required. Demonstrated knowledge of applicable State and Federal employment laws and general business practices required.
- In partnership with Human Resources Manager, conduct investigations and recommends solutions regarding employee complaints, allegations, employee misconduct, and concerns.
- Supports Human Resources Manager in employee relations matters by scheduling investigative meetings as requested, reproducing file materials, and assisting with post-termination activities including tracking and return of personal property.
- Administer leave of absences while applying appropriate Federal (FMLA), State (CFRA), and pregnancy disability leave (PDL) law entitlements to each individual leave of absence when applicable as well as keeping with ADA compliance.
- Manage/record LOA employees’ monthly premium remittance in conjunction with Benefits.
- Monitor review dates for all employees and notify supervisor’s monthly of upcoming appraisals by updating the HRB database and running monthly reports.
- Prepare and updates job descriptions on an on going basis.
- Manage and facilitate Employee Recognition Programs.
- Monitor and analyze turnover; suggest retention strategies.
- Compile and assist agencies with salary survey data.
- Coordinate training program activities for employees requesting specific/individual training and try to match them up with a cost effective workshop/seminar addressing their specific needs at the direction of the Human Resources Manager.
- Coordinates training and/or rollout of new Company procedures/policies.
- Manage training calendars and update Talent Manager database on HRB.
- Monitor compliance of California require Sexual Harassment Training; maintain training calendar for new supervisors and re-training requirement.
- Conduct training programs such as new hire orientation and other training programs as assigned by the Human Resources Manager.
- Actively monitors changes in organization structure and company policies/procedures, and incorporate revisions as directed by Vice President/Human Resources
- Human ResourcesManager with the annual ADP/ACP discrimination testing of the 401(k) plan.
- Assist Human Resource Manager in the representation of the Company with outside clients as well as vendors to provide employee services, such as Health Providers, BORs, and Retirement/401(k) Investment Firms.
- In conjunction with Benefits Specialist, create benefit information to employees though literature and verbal presentations as needed.
- In conjunction with Benefits Specialist, lead and assist with Annual Open Enrollment transactions (creating OE notices to EEs, data entry or new rates on HRB, etc.)
- In conjunction with Benefits Specialist, ensure the timely completion of benefit invoice reconciliation each month by (1) completing the Benefit Worksheet and (2) Imputed Income Worksheet.
- Issue and maintain employee alarm code records as well as corporate key fob log.
- Coordinates Company events such as picnics, baseball games, BOD Appreciation Mixer and Corporate Social Committee.
- Chairperson of PCM’s annual Holiday gift drives for Orangewood Children’s Home.
- Other projects and duties as assigned including but not limited to performing tasks within Staffing, Benefits, Safety, and/or Workers Compensation at the direction of the Human Resources Manager.
We offer an excellent working environment , competitive compensation and great benefits. For full-time employees, our benefits include: medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.
Principals only, no third party vendors
Professional Community Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Monster - 16 months ago
PCM has been serving clients in Southern California for over 35 years. No other company can match its depth of experience, knowledge and...