Description: Responsible for a variety of human resource functions including employee relations, training and development, staffing and compensation. Additionally responsible for administering department policy and procedure|
s, maintaining HRIS, applicant tracking and various other administrative tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers and interprets company employment policies and programs.
- Participates in developing department goal and objectives
- Monitors performance management program
- Assists managers with performance improvement plans
- Consults with and advises management on related personnel issues by collecting factual information, reviewing and interpreting company policy and recommending appropriate solutions.
- Conducts recruitment effort for exempt, nonexempt and temporary employees including posting jobs, monitoring the applicant tracking system, phone screening and setting up interviews.
- Writes job descriptions by conducting job analysis interviews with appropriate hiring managers, defining tasks, deriving job requirements and qualifications.
- Conducts New Employee Orientation
- Performs benefit administration including scheduling annual open enrollment activities
- Handles employee relations counseling, and exit interviewing
- Sets priorities and organizes the administrative workload for assigned area of responsibility to utilize time most effectively
- Participates in staff meetings and attends manager department meetings
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Maintains company organization charts
- Maintains personnel files
- Composes a variety of reports requiring judgment as to content, accuracy and completeness
- Performs special administrative duties involving gathering data, analyzing and preparing reports.
- Performs specialized confidential human resources projects
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of MS Office Suite; MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Thorough knowledge of personnel administration procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of employment and labor laws affecting the workplace (ADA, FMLA, FLSA).
- Thorough knowledge of job analysis techniques and job description development.
- Knowledge of human resources including employee relations, performance management, training and development, staffing and compensation.
- Knowledge of behavioral based interviewing.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws.
- Skill in interviewing.
- Skill in working with conflict resolution.
- Skill in use of personal computer and required software applications (MS Office, HRIS, Applicant Tracking and Onboarding, Time and Attendance).
- Skill in oral and written communications.
- Ability to communicate effective verbally and in writing.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to objectively evaluate information gathered.
- Ability to gather and supply information concisely without loss of detail.
- Ability to compile and prepare reports.
- Ability to provide leadership in assigned areas.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial, flexible, and fast-paced environment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform eh essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee occasionally lifts or moves up to 20 pounds.
Education: Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Human Resources or related field required. PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 5-7 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Vitacost.com - 10 months ago