Human Resources Help Desk Representative
Job ID : 2013-14766
# of Positions: 1
Posted Date: 1/9/2013
Job Location: US-MN-Bloomington
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Category: Human Resources
Pearson has one defining goal: to help people progress in their lives through learning. We champion innovation and we invest in models for education that deliver on our promise for effective, accessible, and personal learning from early literacy, college and career readiness to professional education, through data informed instruction and inventive applications for mobile and digital learning.
Pearson, the world's leading learning company, has global-reach and market leading businesses in education, business, and consumer publishing and is listed on the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). For more information, visit www.pearson.com.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This position operates within our Employee Service Center (ESC). Representatives will field incoming phone and email inquiries on a variety of HR topics focusing primarily on benefits and payroll concerns. The position requires exceptional written and verbal communication, attention to detail and problem solving abilities. The Employee Services team is the critical first point of contact for Pearson’s benefit eligible employee population.
- Provide employees with a positive ESC experience by being prompt, professional and proficient
- Accurately document incoming phone calls and emails
- Research appropriate solutions and work with necessary parties to resolve
- Communicate back to employees within 24 hours
- Must be a team player
- Must understand and support a centralized ESC model
- Detail Orientation and ability to multi-task required
- Maintain high level of confidentiality and judgment
- Experience working in a contact center environment and 2 yrs HR experience or post-secondary coursework required
- A degree in Human Resources or a related field and/or HR work experience preferred
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) and have experience or capability to learn multiple HR applications including (Oracle, Discoverer and ADP Payroll)
- 2 years ago - save job
Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. Our...