The City is accepting applications for an intern to assist the Human Resources Department. This is responsible staff work, usually of a project nature, involving research, analysis, communications, and other staff duties. Work involves responsibility for determining project needs, performing research and analysis and developing recommendations. Work requires the exercise of judgment within an established framework. Assignments are received in the form of general outlines or desired results and the incumbent is expected to develop methods to achieve these results. Supervision is received from an administrative superior, but the incumbent is expected to be able to work with little direct supervision.
- Part-Time/Exempt appointments are limited to 1,200 hours per Calendar Year.
- Cover Letter and Resume required. Please use the "other" tab to attach these documents.
TO APPLY : Please complete the on-line Application and submit electronically by the close date at www.cityofsalem.net/Jobs. Applications must be received by the Human Resources Department by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date. You will receive an email confirmation of your submitted electronic application. The City cannot be responsible for material that is illegible or missing as a result of transmitting or which may be lost through the mail.
- Current standing as a graduate or undergraduate student at a college or university with major course work in public administration, business administration, or field related to area of project assignment. Concentration in Human Resources is desirable.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of business and public administration.
- Ability to research, assemble, organize and present statistical and factual information.
- Ability to prepare written reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to work independently and to schedule time effectively.
All newly selected finalists for City employment are subject to a criminal background check and may be subject to testing for drugs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, Minorities and Disabled individuals are encouraged to apply. ADA accommodations will be provided upon request.
This announcement is not an implied contract and may be modified or revoked without notice.
City of Salem, Oregon - 20 months ago