Feeding Children Everywhere (recently featured in TIME Magazine; click link to read the article http://ti.me/QCxeOQ.) is a nonprofit organization that empowers and mobilizes people to assemble healthy meals for hungry children. We are motivated by the 950 million people worldwide and 16 million people in the United States that are currently at risk of going hungry each day.
Our Human Resources/Recruitment Interns are the connectors of Feeding Children Everywhere to our pool of current and potential Interns. They have the crucial role of promoting the Intern Program to college campuses nation-wide. This position offers an opportunity to develop professional skills, with a focus in Human Resources.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Answering Incoming Emails/Calls for Intern Program —related to current and potential interns and general inquiries
- Managing Intern Booth and Table Registrations
- Marketing our Intern Program —using creative ways to get the word out, and to get students involved!
- Building Relationships— with current and potential interns, college campuses, employer intern and career fairs, clubs etc.
- Intern Recruitment
- Traveling to and Leading our Meal Packing Events— includes training and leading hundreds-thousands of volunteers—all traveling expenses/meals are organized and covered by Feeding Children Everywhere
We are looking for interns who are passionate, positive, and hardworking, with excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. All interns are expected to work a minimum of 15-20 hours a week on a volunteer basis, and are required to commit to a full semester. Interns must have reliable transportation to our offices (located 830 S. Ronald Reagan Blvd Longwood, Fl 32750). Above all, interns should be prepared to join an exciting and energetic team who is determined to put an end to world hunger
- Strong Work Ethic & Positive Attitude
- Excellent Communications Skills (Verbal & Written)
- Excellent Phone Etiquette
- A Love for Connecting With People
- Professional Demeanor
- Attention to Detail
- FUN! (Our team likes to have a good time!)
Feeding Children Everywhere is now accepting applications for our Summer Intern Program (May-August).
Deadline is April 10 2013
To learn about specific requirements for each intern position, visit www.feedingchildreneverywhere.com/intern
Feeding Children Everywhere - 17 months ago