The Human Resource Intern will assist the Human Resources Department with various HR assignments and projects within Lactalis American Group.
The HR Intern will support a team of HR professionals with projects in the areas of Recruitment, Benefits, HR Systems Implementation, HR Policy and Procedures and other capacities of Human Resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This includes the following, and other duties may be assigned:
1. Provide support on daily tasks in line with department objectives including setting up employee interviews, processing employee changes, terminations, and various HR projects
2. Conduct an internal HR Audit of employee files, policies and procedures
3. Support benefits department during open enrollment period with employee benefit/status changes
4. Assist with Affirmative Action and EEO Documentation and Reporting through maintaining an Applicant Log
5. Actively work and communicate with other business and functional units to assist with their human resources needs
6. Review, correct, and track various human resources documents including I-9's and various other intra-company forms
7. Schedule pre-employment physicals, interviews, background checks, etc. for new hires
8. Set up orientations, plant tours, and assist in onboarding process
9. Coordinate with LAG and government to efficiently process visas for international candidates
10. Work closely with schools and recruitment agencies to identify candidates
11. Manage, recruit, and pre-screen domestic and international candidates
12. Facilitate communication among individuals inter-office and intra-office
13. Accept receptionist responsibilities and direct phone calls to proper individuals as well as create manuals and handbooks
14. Other assignments and projects as directed
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Full time college student or recent graduate, in their sophomore year or greater, working towards a Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or Business with a concentration in HR Management. Â
Ability to speak, read, and write a second language (French, Spanish, Portuguese) would be a plus.
Lactalis American Group - 9 months ago