VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America's fastest-growing HDTV and consumer electronics company and is revolutionizing how we watch, listen … and live! We are currently seeking Human Resources Intern . This individual will report to the Director of HR but will also assisting the HR Team. This position is responsible for a variety of job duties, including maintaining daily upkeep of the Human Resources office, assisting employees with requests and questions, special projects to include our payroll transition implementation, running various errands and assisting with events. This is a great opportunity for a driven individual with limited experience, pursuing a career in HR or Operations.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS AN UNPAID INTERNSHIP AND THEREFORE CANDIDATES APPLYING MUST BE RECIEVING SCHOOL CREDIT FOR HOURS WORKED.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
· Organize and maintain HR office files
· Work on special projects relating to payroll, employee benefits, recruiting, hiring, training, special events, legal compliance, etc.
· Data entry into the HRIS/Payroll system
· Data auditing; ensure accuracy of information input is complete and thorough
· Run reports from the HRIS/Payroll system
· Assist the Recruiter with reviewing resumes for open positions
· Assist with loading and maintaining company intranet with HR communication, information, and forms
· Update HR forms
· Assist with coordinating New Hire Orientation
· Cover lunch and breaks for receptionist on a daily basis
· Answer HR related questions for employees; provide employees and managers with forms needed to make employment changes
· Coordinate interview scheduling
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
· Previous experience as a receptionist, administrative assistant, customer service representative or HR Assistant a plus
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Previous experience working with an HRIS/Payroll system a plus
Minimum Education required:
Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Business or Human Resources
· Professional/polished communicator
· Team player
· Very detail oriented and organized
· Enthusiastic and positive
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality
· Ability to catch on quickly and thrive in a very fast paced environment.
VIZIO - 7 months ago
VIZIO has done for HDTVs what Dell did for PCs and Southwest Airlines did for air travel: sell them for less. The company sells low-cost...