As one of the Nation’s Largest Mutual Insurance Companies, Sentry Insurance offers smart and responsible students like you a choice of career paths. You have taken your academic career seriously, and as a responsible scholar, you can be confident in knowing that we put qualified students to work each year – in internships they enjoy.
Whether you’re a math mastermind, a word wizard, a talented technologist or a people person, we’re ready for you. From the start you’ll have opportunities to learn, develop and contribute to your own personal success as you explore your career.
You’ll participate in educational and social programs that will contribute to your development. As you apply your skills and knowledge in a variety of actual corporate situations, you’ll learn how your interests match up with the jobs we offer.
What You'll Do
The Human Resources Intern works closely with their mentor to learn about the Human Resources function at Sentry Insurance. You can expect to work on projects that focus on determining the long term effectiveness of Sentry’s organizational development initiatives.
What it Takes
In order to be eligible for this elite opportunity you must meet the following criteria;
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or a related field
- Obtain a minimum overall GPA of 3.00
- Graduating in Spring of 2014
- Eligible to work in the United States without need for any type of work authorization
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Exceptional Verbal and Written communication skills
What You'll Receive
- Extensive development skills through paid training and mentoring
- Opportunity to utilize our onsite Residence Center which is FREE for interns
- Our onsite fitness center which is FREE for interns which includes racquetball and a full sized gym
- Full cafeteria serving breakfast and lunch
- Access to our credit union, auto center, restaurant, theater, SentryWorld Sports Complex and more!
How You’ll Apply
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Sentry employees have been helping individuals and businesses build and protect their futures since 1904. Because of the trust placed in us, Sentry is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, and is rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Founded in 1904, Sentry Insurance is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in America.
Sentry is one of the...