Reporting to the Plant Manager with a strong dotted line reporting to the Divisional Director of Human Resources ,the Human Resource Manager is responsible for partnering with plant management in the driving a positive Human Resources culture and a strong Human Resources strategy that assists in meeting the business strategy.
Nature and Scope
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of Human Resources including performance management, staffing, succession planning, communications, labor/employee relations, compensation and benefits in a unionized facility.
Specific Job Duties Be a strong Human Resource Business Partner and Leader to the plant manager and staff Responsible for the establishment, implementation and maintenance of plant Human Resource policies Responsible for the identification of associate training/development needs and coordination/leading of training/development programs Acts as liaison and associate advocate. Manage/maintain/lead positive employee/labor relations Maintains Affirmative Action plan, records and information. Interpret and administer the Corporate Operating Procedures as they relate to the Human Resource Function Responsible for the administration of associate benefits, rewards and recognition Responsible for the establishment of a selection/hiring/orientation process to effectively staff the facility. Responsible for maintaining appropriate staffing levels for the facility. Ensures application of Human Resource procedures, practices to maintain regulatory compliance. Performs other related duties as required.
- Results driven with the ability to work in a high performance-manufacturing environment.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex tasks with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to motivate, communicate and lead continuous improvement.
- Strong experience managing and partnering within union environments
- Excellent analytical abilities.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Solid planning, leadership and administrative skills.
- Good understanding of business principles and practices and ability to apply them
- Ability to create human resource solutions with a bottom line result.
- Familiarity with Six Sigma, lean manufacturing
BS/BA degree in Human Resource Management, business or related field required
SPHR/PHR Certification preferred
- 5 to 10 years of Human Resource experience in a demanding manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively recruit and develop associates
- Ability to work in a team based environment.
Monster - 12 months ago