Who We Are
Alta Planning + Design’s mission is to create active communities. We use the principles of transportation and recreation planning, landscape and environmental awareness to design better places to bike, walk, play and live. Our sister company, Alta Bicycle Share, Inc., plans, deploys and operates public bike sharing systems. Bicycle sharing is a sustainable, healthy, and community-based transportation option that enhances urban livability and mobility.
Alta Planning + Design and Alta Bicycle Share are seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager who will be responsible for managing all Human Resources-related duties on an ongoing basis. This includes, but is not limited to, working with a dynamic management team to maximize the strategic use of human resources in maintaining the functions of employee compensation, recruitment, personnel policies, and regulatory compliance. The Human Resources Manager is an integral member of the Operations team.
- Assess current Performance Review system and adjust as needed. Develop new system for Alta Planning + Design Operations staff. Administer annual review process for Alta Planning + Design and Alta Bicycle Share.
- Develop Affirmative Action Plan.
- Help maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements.
- Analyze and modify compensation, benefits, and 401k policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Assist with planning and conducting new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Analyze training needs to design employee development and health and safety programs.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
- Analyze statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization's personnel policies and practices.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
- Investigate and report on industrial accidents for insurance carriers.
- Prepare personnel forecast to project employment needs.
- Oversee the evaluation, classification and rating of occupations and job positions.
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with a new and changing work environment, refereeing disputes, termination of employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Work closely with payroll to conduct workers comp audits and help to implement recommendations.
- Work under the guidance of the President.
- Undergraduate degree in Business Management, Business Administration, Human Resources or related field; Advanced degree desired.
- Minimum 6 to 10 years of progressive Human Resources experience, including experience managing a team of HR Professionals.
- Ability to motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Must be able to develop and maintain positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Must be an agent of change with excellent people assessment skills and leadership capabilities.
- Ability to work in a team culture that embraces a mission-driven, team-oriented, environmentally sustainable organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative self-starter and problem solver with tolerance for ambiguity.
- Willing to be “hands-on” and work in a lean organization.
- Consistent and timely completion of projects and reports.
- Continuous improvement in organizational systems.
- Knowledge of working with employees internationally a plus.
- High level of interpersonal maturity, poise, and judgment.
- Calmly adapts to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- High proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Applications and ability to learn new software.
- Knowledge in Ascentis and/or Deltek a plus.
- Positive attitude and sense of humor a must.
- Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week.
- May require travel.
Note: The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish Alta’s Mission.
Alta is proud to be an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
For more information, please visit our websites at: www.altaplanning.com,
Please, no phone calls
Indeed - 10 months ago