This position reports to the VP of HR and manages human resources activities to support employee relations, performance management, communications, policy and procedure implementation/compliance, compensation, benefits, training, and employee services to meet strategic HR and company objectives. May supervise other human resources and administrative employees.
- Provide leadership and expertise for the full scope of Human Resource functions including all aspects of professional relations, hourly relations, employee benefits, compensation, employee involvement, practices, training, organizational change and development and communications for a specified employee group(s).
- Accountable for functional, business, and broad company objectives. Integrates and develops processes that meet business needs across the organization. Involved in long-term planning. This role contributes to the overall strategy and manages complex issues within functional areas area of expertise.
- Design appropriate HR processes in line with Company's HR policies. Harmonize Policies and Practices across Company's affiliates. Make recommendations for policy improvements. Ensures implementation and compliance. Assists HR management in the development, revision, implementation and communication of company policy, procedures and administrative practices.
- Manages Performance Management Programs. This will include: the goal deployment process, ensuring that all employees have performance plans and reviews; coaching managers on content of review documentation; training on new goals and objectives.
- Provides employee relations support to managers/supervisors and employees to ensure complaints, discipline, performance management and corrective action procedures are handled in a fair, consistent and legally compliant manner. Conducts investigations in response to employee allegations or management inquiries.
- Works with designated managers, supervisors, and other HR team members to assure that customer requests for HR services are met timely, accurately and efficiently.
- Coordinate and manage the merit planning and salary administration process, including management of salary structures, job slotting and competitive benchmarking processes for supported business units, in compliance with overall company plans and objectives.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
Forms solid working relationships, based on a thorough knowledge of the business, with all levels of management, supervisors and staff.
- Develops and hones expertise in HR functional areas. Seeks development opportunities to improve professional competencies and stays current on innovations in HR practices through benchmarking, networking and exposure to research/publications/professional associations.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Knowledge of legal issues across HR arena; experience with inside/outside labor law counsel preferred.
- Must be a self-starter/independent worker with the ability to manage many projects at one time with proven ability to lead projects from planning phase through completion.
- Excellent process and problem solving skills.
- An excellent team player with strong people skills at all levels of the organization.
- Effective communication skills, including verbal (logical and organized), written, listening and presentation.
- Ability to communicate with and influence employees and management at all levels.
- Take charge individual with lots of energy and clear sense of urgency.
- Out-of-the-box thinker, decisive; experienced in and capable of leading change.
- Proven track record of meeting commitments with the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
- Computer skills: highly proficient in Microsoft applications: Power Point, Excel and Word.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field. Master’s degree preferred, SPHR/PHR a plus.
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience in a broad range of Human Resources functions, such as recruiting, labor relations, benefits, compensation, training, performance management, employee relations in a Generalist or HR Manager role.
- Prior experience working in a matrix organization supporting Sales and Marketing management and HR management.
- Experience in cultural diversity and multi-facility locations.
- Experience with HRIS systems.
AngioDynamics, Inc. - 14 months ago