We are seeking a Human Resources Manager for our West Salem, Ohio facility. Our West Salem facility is a vinyl extrusion plant with 75-100 union employees. The Human Resources Manager position is responsible for the human resources management and administration for both exempt and non-exempt employees as well as labor relations management for non-exempt union employees. This includes but is not limited to staffing, performance management, benefits administration, employee relations, safety programs, reporting, and compliance.
- Research current and potential labor related problems, opportunities and issues and evaluate their impact
- Serve as strong management advocate in collective bargaining agreements
- Maintains productive and professional relationships with union leadership
- Assures compliance with contractual agreements
- Responsible for contract negotiation, grievance cases and arbitrations
- Provide employees with tools and information that foster open communication and employee satisfaction
- Counseling and providing assistance to employees and all levels ofmanagement in employee or management issues relating to promotion, termination or disciplinary action
- Partnering with plant managerto ensure a complete understanding of business needs and objectives
- Administer and effectively communicate employee benefit programs to retain and attract employees
- Sound working knowledge of applicable state and federal labor andemployment laws
- Leading role in safety compliance and incident investigation
- Reviews evaluation of performance and aligns associate objectives to business strategy
- Effectively recruit, train and develop high quality candidates motivated to achieve business objectives
- 5+ years of progressively responsible generalist experience in all major functional areas of HR, 3 years of which must have been in a responsible labor relations position
- Bachelors degree in HR, Business, Industrial Relations or related field is required
- Strong understanding of the complexities of union negotiation and grievance procedures
- Demonstrates integrity, flexibility, sound judgment and strong critical thinking skills
- Familiarity with ADP/HRIS and strong Microsoft Office skills
- Experience in environmental policies and reporting
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.