The Human Resources Manager (HRM) aligns business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The HRM serves as a consultant to management on Human Resource related issues. Successful HRM will act as employee champion and change agent. HRM assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating effectively with the Strategic Business Units (SBU), Talent Acquisition, and Professional Development the HRM seeks to develop integrated solutions. The HRM formulates partnerships across the SBU to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of their assigned Members. The HRM maintains an effective level of business literacy about their Member business’ financial position, its mid range plans, its culture and its competition.
- Conducts weekly meetings with respective Strategic Business Units (SBU).
- HRM consults with line management providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with SBU to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolve complex employee relations issues.
- Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Partner with internal legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day to day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with Members, their management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR Policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develops compensation and contract terms for new hires, promotions, transfers.
- Provide guidance and input on Member’s mergers, restructures, workforce planning, succession planning and other situations that require a focus on Change Management.
- Identify training needs to support Member initiatives.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follow-up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Bachelor’s Degree specializing in Human Resources, Business Management, Organizational Development, Psychology or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Five to eight years’ progressively increased responsibility in HR experience including recruitment and employee relations’ experience.
- Demonstrated ability to provide HR consulting at a senior level.
- Demonstrated skill in organization, planning, problem solving, decision making, communication, project management and effective management of resources
- Excellent interpersonal skills that allow effective working relationships with a diverse customer, colleague, and vendor population.
- Experience providing Human Resources services in an out-sourced environment a plus
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong administrative and data management skills
Audigy Group - 22 months ago