The City of Olathe is seeking a Human Resource Manager with proven and extensive experience in human resources leadership and management in a similarly sized local or state government, public agency, or comparable private sector organization. This is truly a unique opportunity to be a member of a full-service human resources department in a dynamic city government that values innovation, efficiency, and top-quality management. The Manager will lead the Employee Experience team and provide complex administrative and technical support to the Assistant Director of Human Resources & Risk Management.
- Change Management
- Budgeting/Resource Management
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Strategic Thinking
- Safety/Liability Management
- Process Improvement
- Coaching, Motivating, and Developing
- Excellent communicator
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Results oriented.
- Quickly establish and maintain positive, collaborative relationships with the Human Resources Department’s strategic partners, including the City’s Leadership Team management and supervisory personnel, and employees.
- Apply extensive human resources skills, abilities and knowledge to streamline operations and improve effectiveness.
- Be a successful day-to-day manager who is not only technically competent and experienced in human resources, but who also understands the broader focus of the organization and how to effectively serve the needs of user departments.
- Be able to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
- Lead and elevate the employee experience for City staff by implementing and managing related programs and activities within the Human Resources division.
Experience & Education:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Human Resource Management, Public Administration, or related field.
Five years of broad based, progressively responsible human resources experience in a supervisory or management capacity; or any combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Hours : Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Must pass a background investigation, pre-employment physical and drug screen.
First revew of applicantions on 9/27/2013